Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after having my 2011 Mustang GT for about 10 months, Ford is finally throwing in the towel on repairing it so much that they sent an actual technician from the Essex plant in Ontario to try one last time to save it, and if he can't figure out by 1400 today what he's gonna do with it, they are going to replace it... I better get my exaust and cai and tuner back. Problems with my mustang have been the classic transmission problems (transmission replaced once and clutch assembly and flywheel twice), and the all-feared engine tick twice and it is in for both problems again. the car has spent an accumalitive total of 9 weeks at the dealer for repairs so far including the week it has been in there now.. I think I'm gonna demand a Boss. :mad:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
replace it...with another 2011 with same problems!!!! yayyyyy

hope things work out man!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Is there an engine tick issue now too? My car did it yesterday and I spent some time trying to figure out what was going on with no luck...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the engine tick right after my first oil change, so I brought it in (for 2 weeks) and they replaced the pulley tensioner, gave me another oil change (guess it wasn't good enough the first time), and gave my car a new tune, which didn't make the sound go away but made it quieter. (This was all done by a california regional ford tech). The car went in for the transmission, clutch , clutch again, and now the tick is back with an epic hatred and the clutch is getting notchy once again and the tranny is starting to whine...

·
Registered
599 Posts
yeah im trying to get mine replaced as well now dealing with ford legal and waiting for them to call me with a time to take the car in for an engineer to take a look into this is there last chance before they are required to lemon law it by ia. law

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It makes me upset cause I love the car, it's a blast to drive, I just don't like driving the thing for 2 weeks to have it in the shop a week then doing it all over again... I really just wanted it fixed at first, but if I can get one that doesn't have any problems at no cost to me thats just as good too... the rock chips aren't that pretty...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My question is has anyone had any of these issues with the boss? Maybe the internals being upgraded solved the issues with the engine tick, and the upgraded clutch and shifter bearings (i guess thats what it was? I don't remember) solved the tranny issues?

·
Registered
852 Posts
My question is has anyone had any of these issues with the boss? Maybe the internals being upgraded solved the issues with the engine tick, and the upgraded clutch and shifter bearings (i guess thats what it was? I don't remember) solved the tranny issues?

Thats what I wondered....has the boss been having the same problems...

Not like Im going to get a boss but I hate to see it have the same issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ford is still trying this fix, so... I have to wait for news later today. I was hopin to drive my car one last time before I went on leave tomorrow... Oh well, hopefully she'll be ready by June 6th.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not sure why so many have had problems with their trans or clutches? My car is #180 and was an evaluation car that also has some of the boss ground affects plus prototpe FRPP handling package. It was made 1/22/2010. I am working on getting this confirmed. I haven't had any of these issues or the ticking problems which makes me lucky. I hope it all works out. The only thing I have had to do is get a new tune and put on an o/r x-pipe.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ford Customer Care posted today at allfordmustangs.com that engineering has now admitted there is a problem with the MT82 transmission.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well after having my 2011 Mustang GT for about 10 months, Ford is finally throwing in the towel on repairing it so much that they sent an actual technician from the Essex plant in Ontario to try one last time to save it, and if he can't figure out by 1400 today what he's gonna do with it, they are going to replace it... I better get my exaust and cai and tuner back. Problems with my mustang have been the classic transmission problems (transmission replaced once and clutch assembly and flywheel twice), and the all-feared engine tick twice and it is in for both problems again. the car has spent an accumalitive total of 9 weeks at the dealer for repairs so far including the week it has been in there now.. I think I'm gonna demand a Boss. :mad:
Don't demand a BOSS... It has the same transmission. If you are going to stick with the Mustang go for a GT500 (has the Tremec) or demand a 2012 as Ford confirmed for me yesterday they have a redesigned clutch assembly not compatible with 2011's

·
Registered
577 Posts
It would be interesting to see what they do for you but I wouldn't expect to have anything better then what they would do for a lemon. Buy the car back for the financed price eating everything in between. TT&L, tax, interest etc. Even negative equity on a upside down trade.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts