Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my car has been having a problem in the lower rpm ranges with missing. It bucks and sputters when given just a little throttle right around 1500 rpms. Ive done some research and it seems that alot of people have this problem and the only solution that has worked is to change out the front o2 sensors.

Ive already cleaned out all the injectors and replaced spark plugs, and a bunch of other stuff...so I'm going to try the o2 sensors now.

I called Ford and asked how much they were and their $110 each...On americanmuscle, they have some NTK sensors for $49.99 each.

Has anyone used these NTK sensors? I'm guessing the factory ones are my best bet, but their twice as much. If the nxt's work I'd rather buy those.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i've had good results from aftermarket sensors. ntk is an oem supplier so they should give no problems at all. one thing to check is if they are plug in or universal. you can save a few more $$$ with universal but they're a little more involved (splicing wires) to install. no big deal though. hope this helps. good luck

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks, I think I'll give em a try

·
Registered
998 Posts
they were 50 bucks or so from autozone, advance auto parts, o'riellies and KOI. Just check around auto part suppliers.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I ordered mine from ebay; $55 for both. For some reason the seller sent me 1 NTK and 1 Bosch. Seems to be working well so far though. They definitely shouldn't cost you $110 each.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
^^^ yup get Bosch for like 51 bucks at advance auto after tax. Bosch is a reliable brand that's been around a while. That's wat I did with my downstream o2s no more SES lights.
But bro $110 that's ****in reducilous.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
They charge that because they know that they can... It's like so many other things that dealers do.

Just got to an autoparts store and find some for cheap.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea ford wants $110 for stock sensors...definitely not doin that.

I'll probably get some from autozone or americanmuscle or w/e for $50.

I just wanted to make sure they would work good, but it seems that they do!

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Yeah man dealership should always the absolute LAST resort

1 - 11 of 11 Posts