Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so basically just put on my new black billet grille (will post pics later, it looks ****in sick) but i still need a stable place to mount the unclipped fog harness( got the delete fog kit of course) instead of letting them swing in front of my radiator.

so all u guys with billet grills, where did u mount yours to?????

thanx, nick

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah, the directions were a POS, didnt even say how to take off the stock grill lol

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Why not cut them out all together? Just snip and cap the wires as far back as you can follow them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
^^Agreed. I just zipped tied mine.

I don't mean to thread jack but has anyone considered mounting fog lights into the stock fender? You know, where after market grille inserts would go for the lower grille?

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
I would think theyd be too huge for that

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
not the original fog lights. Aftermarket or worse come to worse, tint the living sh*t out of the excess area so it doesn't shine through the bumper.
Why not just tuck them back behind the upper grille? Paint it all and tint the lense so hard to see during day. Then you can turn them on and make people say :wtf

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
not the original fog lights. Aftermarket or worse come to worse, tint the living sh*t out of the excess area so it doesn't shine through the bumper.
i mean this part not the original post lol

^^Agreed. I just zipped tied mine.

I don't mean to thread jack but has anyone considered mounting fog lights into the stock fender? You know, where after market grille inserts would go for the lower grille?

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
im saying the stock fogs would probably be toobig for the bottom grille

·
Registered
676 Posts
oh yeah, without a doubt. But I'm thinking that you could measure the diameter of visible "bulb/light" that would show from the lower grille inserts and use that VHT nightshade stuff to completely black out the rest of the bulb. :D

Then figure out a way to mount them behind the inserts.

Not positive but looking into different options.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanx 07 Boss, emay, ixmotoxi, defintiley will zip tie it in the back.

heres some pics, i loooove the outcome, hope u guys do too, srry its kinda dirty, but enjoy!

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
oh yeah, without a doubt. But I'm thinking that you could measure the diameter of visible "bulb/light" that would show from the lower grille inserts and use that VHT nightshade stuff to completely black out the rest of the bulb. :D

Then figure out a way to mount them behind the inserts.

Not positive but looking into different options.
You would have to extend your fog harness's and custom mount them for a small big of light? What would be the point?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nick- Looking goooooood.

Gtar- making due with what I have around versus buying a new set of fog lights to mount myself?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanx man, by the way its the stack racing grill, so if any of u guys r planning on getting it (got mine from american muscle), u might wanna consider buying new bolts and nuts, the hardware it came with was very cheap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts