Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some pics of stock front springs cut off 2 coils. Might be doing this soon and I want to know how low it'll be with 2 coils off of the front. Rear will be Eibachs.

Spanks.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Knock off 1 and throw them back in. Drive it for a week and let it settle if you want more drop cut more off accordingly..:yes

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Knock off 1 and throw them back in. Drive it for a week and let it settle if you want more drop cut more off accordingly..:yes
^+1 :yes I've been considering chopping off 1/2 a coil or so and seeing how that looked.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine have 1.5 off the front. i hit my k-member if im going to fast over bumps. sucks. 2 coils may be scrapping a **** load.
Pics? I saw some with 2 cut off, no wheel gap at all. I'm thinking 1.5 or 1.75 might be the best.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
2 coils will be absolutely slammed. i would not cut that many. i had 1.5 coils cut off and it was pretty low.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to facepalm everytime someone cuts a spring. It isn't all that expensive to buy a set of springs to keep a proper ride in the car.
Cool. Proper ride? You do know that the stock springs cut, ride better than aftermarket ones right? Why would I spend the money for aftermarket springs when I could just cut these as low as I wanted, for free, and maintain stock ride quality?

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
You wont maintain stock ride quality. You will gain a sick appearance though.:yes

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not incorrect. I've talked to plenty of people on forums about cutting the springs, all said the ride quality was the same as stock. The one who said it was bumpy, was the one who cut 2 coils, but like I've said earlier, I won't be doing that much.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Not incorrect. I've talked to plenty of people on forums about cutting the springs, all said the ride quality was the same as stock. The one who said it was bumpy, was the one who cut 2 coils, but like I've said earlier, I won't be doing that much.
lol sounds like you have it all figured out then

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
OP, cut 'em 1 coil all around and see if you like how it rides. If you don't like the ride, get a set of Eibach's or H&R's.

If you plan on taking your car to the track a lot, then cut stocker's will work just fine.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I cut 1.5 and its really bumpy

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OP, cut 'em 1 coil all around and see if you like how it rides. If you don't like the ride, get a set of Eibach's or H&R's.

If you plan on taking your car to the track a lot, then cut stocker's will work just fine.
I already have a set of Eibach's that will go on the car when he gets the front coilovers done.

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
i think i have a few pics in my garage.

ride quality doesn't seem to be affected much. it does handle a little better. its obviously not the best solution but it works and i the only thing that i'd say is bad about it is scrapping the k member or x-member. idk which one it is as i have a vert and theres a lot of metal braces under the car lol.

it definitely isn't like my 92 fox as far as suspension is concerned. on that i had eibach pro kit springs, kyb shocks/struts, mac c/c plates, 8.8 limited slip dif, and 5-lug disc brakes all around. that thing handled like a dream.

i recommend getting a couple things though. C/C Plates and an alignment. Unless u don't mind replacing the tires often.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts