Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious but what do they do on my stang?
i always seemed to think that they just muffled the sound alittle is that true?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
they make it louder than stock, but quiter than straight pipes they are a type of muffler.
o ok kinda thought that .

do they have to do anything with emissions

and like will my car sound louder if i take them off and weld on some some pipe in to fill in there spots?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
are u sure ur not talking about ur Cats?

Cats are emissions control and u have 6 on ur car.
ya i know what cats are lol who doesn't
but 6!!!!????? of them:eek:

wow i just got kicked in the nuts by California:nuts

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
ya resonators come on the SLP LM kits.. kinda annoying if you ask me

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I believe you have 4 cats and 2 resonators on your factory midpipe. I dont think removing them will alter the sound enough to make it worth it. Now the cats are a different story.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
... lol i wish like u could pay like a 1000$ tax and like get your cats removed permentaly and leagally

i hate calif. just cuase of there emissions

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe you have 4 cats and 2 resonators on your factory midpipe. I dont think removing them will alter the sound enough to make it worth it. Now the cats are a different story.
ya thats what i thought too cause 6 cats are over kill i think

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my mufflers taken out, and some resonators put in, SLP LM's. they sounds decent, but not loud enough. time for an OR x pipe.
probably still louder than mine. i only have Mufflers ...... i wanted to get a full catback on but my pockets arn't that deep at the time:( i think i'm just going to wait till i get my new car.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
the resonators on your stock exhaust is there to damper the sound and restrict exhaust flow a tad, not sure if they are actually there to mess with the exhaust flow but they will a tad

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Damn well i dont want those things lol. I'd love a new mid pipe, and a full catback for right now the resonators will have to work. Sometimes when i rev it up, and its cold, it pops which is awesome. I scared 4 girls in the car next to me haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts