Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I can haz tune?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any other Boss owners removed their restrictor plates? Is it worth heading out and getting a shop to do it for like $15 in five minutes, or should I just chill until I get other exhaust work done as well?

·
Registered
193 Posts
It depends on what you want man. If you completely remove them it will be LOUD, a lot of BOSS owners are having the hole in the plates enlarged to get the sound they want. I honestly would pay the $15 just for the fact that its only $15, but the mod is very simple and takes hardly any time at all.

·
I can haz tune?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loud is good. Hmmm. Do I man up and try this with jackstands in the driveway. It looks super easy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would, its really easy from the looks of it. It is loud though, but if your unhappy with the sound you can always put the plates back in. I would honestly try it out to see for yourself then enlarge the hole in the plates until your satisfied. Its a cheap mod that reaps a great exhaust sound, jealous!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Its not very loud........ like a 2011 with a catback.

And yes remove them......its easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
I can haz tune?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I think I have a date with a driveway and some jack stands this Sunday. Letting someone else work on my car is like letting them have sex with my wife; just not comfortable with that, even if it's just a squeeze.

·
I can haz tune?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mazel tov!

Will post driving impressions later.

·
I can haz tune?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a hazing ritual to get you under your car.

·
I can haz tune?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OH MY GOD.

It's a crime they release them from the dealership with those damn plates on. She sounds so much beefier now, like proper muscle should. I finally am making the sounds that I've been jealous of for years. I can't understand anyone who thinks it's too loud with the plates off - it sounds just right. Now I can get really loud with LTH, X-pipe, and axlebacks.

Playing around, I broke the tires loose for the first time too. So fun...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts