Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I beleive some non-experienced person(Not the guy who sold me this car) had hyperTech'd my 89 mustang I own now and I beleive the fuel pump is running at full throttle no matter what I'm doing. I know it may sound stupid but programming plus sorry experiece equals bad ju ju.

Is there a way to reset the computer to basic settings to see if that fuwl pump will consistute it's full voltage somewhere else or something? Reason for asking is because I put 15 bucks gas in and I drove 28 miles and ran out of gas,,, WTF!!! last barry grant 800 stang was doing better in mileage than that. I just think the last guy didn't know what he was doing or maybe he stuck a hypertech sticker on there for the hell of it i don't know.

89 Stanger LX
F.I.
M.A.F

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The fuel pump should allways run as long as the car is running. Hypertech chips (the old non programable ones) do cause a ecu fail code because they open loop progaming full time

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can:

*Pull the chip (if it is there)
*Disconnect the negative battery cable
*Step on the brakes or leave the battery disconnected for a few hours:D
*Reconnect the battery

Your settings are now reset (assuming you removed the chip).

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
hey cobramanphil........have you ever run your car at the track on slicks......because with the things you have listed in your sig that thing sounds awesome.....and should go faster than 11.10

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The fuel pump should allways run as long as the car is running. Hypertech chips (the old non programable ones) do cause a ecu fail code because they open loop progaming full time
Look at the question... I said it's running at full throttle no matter and what I meant was it's running at maximum pressure no matter if i'm at a light or driving down the street. I know it's running. But is the voltage supposed to raise/lower when i'm on the gas or not?

Could it also be because I have an intake mani leak at the rear center(lower manifold)? It is pissing oil all over the firewall. At minimal amunt though not a bunch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts