Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if any of you remember the race that was supposed to be set up back in March, these are the results. Firebird was a no show. But I still ran my car and did fairly well unlike what most ppl here thought i would. I ran the exact set up that I have in my signature, minus my subwoofer box, and got a 14.3 on the quarter. I think that's pretty good for a vert on 20s with only one mod. Especially sayin that on a stock vert i ran a 14.7, stock intake and stock wheels. Well hopefully the Firebird will show up next time, cuz I'll have more mods done then. Actually as I'm writin this my BBK UDPs are being put on my car. I have a BBK High Flow Plenum on it's way and after payday I'll have a 75mm TB ordered and on it's way as well. Can't wait for the next race, hopefully I'll be able to break 13.9s. And I know everyone's gonna tell me that I need an exaust now, but that's gonna be coming around this summer.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If you get a tuner you will be able to maxamize all that new intake mods you are putting on..that will get you in the 13s for sure

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
so...why did you buy 20s?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cuz i like the way they look on the car.. u wont believe how many pplz are actually complimenting them as well.. some ppl say that they look like the stock wheels from a distance.. they get surprised when i tell them that they're actually 20s

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just an fyi those stock firebirds are VERY capable of running mid 13's.. especailly the 94 motor. Sell the 20's.. Get 17's or 18's trust me you will definitely break into the 13's with just doing that and getting 4.10's. If you daily drive all the time get 3.73's or actually 4.10's if you keep those tires. If you dont daily drive all the time or short distances (i.e less than 8-10 miles) get 4.30's if you keep those tires. Ok so actual english if you keep the tires get 4.30's. Dont keep tires = 4.10's.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
im sorry man but 20's on a mustang thats not for show is a no go. you would be better off getting 17's or 18's and it would look just as good and your times would actually improve.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well that was the plan.. gears then exhaust.. but i'm not gettin rid of the rims.. i like going fast, of course i do, but i'm not jus a track person.. this car is also bein put in shows as well.. so this is both fast and looks good.. that's y i chose these exact 20s cuz they actually match the car's color scheme that i have planned for it.. ya'll see when it's finished..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
My 18's on my gt/cs are amazing and look great. Do you have a lowering kit? 18's and a lowering kit look so much better than 20's. try and trust us were good at giving advice

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well thanx for the advice.. but i'm goin wit what i got because i like them.. until the day that you see my car in person, which wont happen cuz i'm not goin to NYC anytime soon, i'll keep doin what i like and pplz have been complimenting me about.. even the old mustang guys that i see here in NC (and they're a bunch herre).. right now there's 10 mustangs in my work parking lot..

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
No offense, but I've never seen a new edge with 20s that didn't look tacky... the new S197s look pretty badass with them, I know that... get some pics up of that car, I'd like to see the setup.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
No offense, but I've never seen a new edge with 20s that didn't look tacky... the new S197s look pretty badass with them
+1 20s are way too big for the new edge

ive seen one new edge saleen w/ 19s and it still looked a bit off. sell those rims and make some money to get some nice 18s and some performance mods because you probably paid out the ass for a set of 20s and tires lol

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
well that was the plan.. gears then exhaust.. but i'm not gettin rid of the rims.. i like going fast, of course i do, but i'm not jus a track person.. this car is also bein put in shows as well.. so this is both fast and looks good.. that's y i chose these exact 20s cuz they actually match the car's color scheme that i have planned for it.. ya'll see when it's finished..
Man as long as you dont go all rice with it i see NOTHING wrong with 20's not my taste but hell its a vert..made to drop the top and just enjoy it...and you still have some power to it. I would love to have just a v6 vert for crusing around in...but hell i would take a gtvert and but some flashy **** on there too.

Seems to me you meet the inbetween with style and perfomence. probs to you.

Now if that **** was "donked" oh dear god HAHAHA that would be soo freakn funny to see everyone here **** themselves.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no way lol.. never would i donk this car.. i did see a 5.0 the other day with a 12" lift and mudding tires on it tho.. but that still aint donk.. lol newayz.. i'm never goin to rice the car.. this is goin to be all performance and style.. besides the 20s mostly everything is going to be normal mustang mods.. and to be honestly truthful with you whtpny, my rims and tires were less then most 17" mustang rims and nitto nt555s.. gotta love the unknown rim companies..

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
to be honestly truthful with you whtpny, my rims and tires were less then most 17" mustang rims and nitto nt555s.. gotta love the unknown rim companies..
dang.. well hopefully that doesn't turn out to be a bad thing.. lol

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Unless you pick up a couple of mph with your next mods i dout you'll pull off a 13.9x unless you can hook really well.Now as you can see in my sig an LT1 can be very mean with just bolt-ons.My 97 trans am went 14.09 @99 with just a 52mm tb and a flowmaster cat-back.The 12.98 you see in my sig is with a few more bolt-ons mainly suspension.I could cut 1.7x 60fts in that thing all day long with just 245/50/16 nitto dr's and a 3500 stall.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
good point blackbird.. but unfortunately this lt1 is stock, automatic, a lazy driver, and subs in the back.. not to mention the heavy weight from the glass t-tops.. i'm not sayin that his car aint fast.. i'm jus sayin that he cant get it that fast u feel.. and i got 14.3 @ 98.8 on my last run wit jus a JLT CAI.. soo.. i'm not sayin that i'm gettin too confident but damn that's a hell of an improvement wit jus a CAI ya kno..

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Guess i forgot to mention that mine is an auto as well.No wait i did mention it has a 3500 stall(thus being an auto).Now you are right it is gonna be slower because of the extra weight the t-tops and subs add.But just cause it's an auto doesn't mean it'll be slow.From what i can tell he could probably run a 14.60 if the car is bone stock(i.e.stock exhaust,intake,gears etc).Mine when i first got it went 14.39 with just a cat-back being the auto that it is.And the bolt-on you did is one of the very few that shows a high gain on a 4.6 not only does it increase the cfm into the motor it helps throttle response which in turn helps you 60ft.The other being an o/r x-pipe.I've been runing around in my TA for awhile now and i've only been beatin by a new edge once and that was when my TA had just a cat-back vs a cat-back,tb,cai and tuner 04 5spd gt.Not doggin you i've just been around long enough to seen the gains from all kinds of bolt-ons on many diffrent cars.You want to see a huge gain for just one mod.My SRT-4 ran 14.80 @99 stock with me never driving a fast fwd car ever to running a 13.51 @104.7 with just a cai,hm boost cotroler and the exhaust dumped.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts