Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my GT about a month ago and was planning on doing full bolt ons etc but i decided to just save up and supercharge it. It's an 02 GT with 80k miles, what would be the best supercharger to go with in my case.

What PSI would be safe to run on the block with this kind of mileage. The car is stock parts wise but i just got my MAC catback delivered today so that'll be put on tomorrow. Other than the supercharger can someone list what other parts i would need to make it run optimally, would i need longtubes, better midpipe etc. I'm in California so the exhaust laws here are ridiculous. Gonna be awhile until i get the supercharger but hopefully sometime next year i'll get it.

I'm also running with an auto tranny, will it be able to handle the power i'm gonna put out after S/C'ing it? A bunch of noob questions but i'm still learning since it's my first Mustang.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
very smart move. F the bolt ons. After you are supercharged, then you will feel each bolt on you put on.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
run bout 10 pounds on a centrifugal blower (procharger, vortech, etc.). You will need new injectors, new fuel pump and new maf. This is what i did too. I just went straight for the supercharger. I was still on stock exhaust. I bought my used kit for 2000 and another 500 for miscellaneous and tune. You would prolly make about 360-375 through your auto until you started getting other mods. You could always up the boost. Your stock bottom end will be fine up to around 425 or so just to be safe.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Baker knows his ****.. Boost is the way to go.. gets the bitches too.. lol

Reactions: BakerFX4

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
some girls anyway. Others are like, "what is that noise? Your **** sounds broke. My grandpa's truck made that noise when it had problems". LOL Everyone always thinks your belt is messing up. LOL. Im like "naw, thats just the 200 extra rwhp you are hearing. LOL.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
OP, there is a nice lil procharger setup for sale in the classifieds. I havent seen it say "sold" yet. I think he wants 2000 for it. Good deal there.

prolly want some 42lb injectors
SCT Ba2600 Maf
GT supercar fuel pump
Dyno tune

^these are what you will want/need to have your blower up and running. Alot of times, a used kit will come with the injectors and maf. Used is always good for saving a few dollars.

·
Registered
641 Posts
lol.. very true.. centrifugals has that unique screech sound. Roots make a lovely whine! :D

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Baker knows his ****.. Boost is the way to go.. gets the bitches too.. lol
Thank you sir, i have come a LONG way. I remember asking this SAME question being clueless as hell a couple years ago so its always nice to help out someone that is wanting boost first and foremost without a single other bolt on. I wanted to get fast right NOW and fool with the bolt ons later when they actually mattered. Ended up where i am now... lol.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
lol.. very true.. centrifugals has that unique screech sound. Roots make a lovely whine! :D
Mine doesnt whistle like most do. It chirps due to the loping of the cams. But when i get on the gas i love how it just sings so loud. You hear the whistle long before the exhaust coming down the road. Pretty cool. But i must admit that i do love that KB whine too. I just suggested a centri for the OP in case he is on a budget like most.

Reactions: Catfiesh

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately i don't really have the funds to buy now gonna have to save up for a bit. Yeah i really wanna run a conservative setup, the car is a daily driver and i still wanna maintain it's reliability but get a good amount of power when i want it.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
well at least you have some figures and more of an idea.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
No prob bro... there is a little pendulum sign below my number of posts. That will suffice for a Thank You. ;)

Reactions: wrr1020

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
coo!

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
boost is great for these cars, these things need all the help they can get. you can still get good results from these things with bolt ons if you dont have the $$$ for the boost.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
with an auto I would say..exhaust,plenum and T/B, 10psi, and a good tune 400 could be seen.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
prob 420 with the manual

1 - 20 of 55 Posts