Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m swapping to a return style fuel system in my 2000 mustang gt 4.6. But have question I can’t find answers for and could use some help that’s updated.

2000 mustang gt with all bolt ons.

1- do I need a tune or is the tune to remove the ECU from throwing a CEL?

2-wiring? How do I wire over the FPDM? Is it the same as the wiring upgrade or is there more?

3-I’m using the 98 mustang hat and a 2000 C5 corvette fuel filter that has return in it and a regulator that is for 58 PSI. This way I only need to run a short return line to the filter and use the factory feed line to the motor. Should I still run an adjustable fuel regulator (I have one) or do I not need it?

4-I’ve see. Where people leave the FRPS in and hooked up. Should I do that so that the ECU thinks it’s still working?

5-what is a good brand fuel pump for a return fuel system. I have almost all bolt on and will be rebuilding my engine here soon for boost. I run a 255lph svt focus pump right now. I believe I will be using the same LPH pump for the return swap. (yes I know it is over kill for what I have but I’m not going to do this and not put better in. Plus I’d like to be someone prepared for what I will be building anyways)

I know I’ll have more as I go but can’t think of any more at the moment. Yes I have googled searched and keep running into dead ends and so I am here looking for quality answers.

I am doing this because I keep going through FPRS and I am not replacing them anymore and the returnless system is a failure to begin with so I want it go

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
returnless fuel system works fine. get a proper tune for it and buy only OEM Fuel pressure rail sensor .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m swapping to a return style fuel system in my 2000 mustang gt 4.6. But have question I can’t find answers for and could use some help that’s updated.

2000 mustang gt with all bolt ons.

1- do I need a tune or is the tune to remove the ECU from throwing a CEL?

2-wiring? How do I wire over the FPDM? Is it the same as the wiring upgrade or is there more?

3-I’m using the 98 mustang hat and a 2000 C5 corvette fuel filter that has return in it and a regulator that is for 58 PSI. This way I only need to run a short return line to the filter and use the factory feed line to the motor. Should I still run an adjustable fuel regulator (I have one) or do I not need it?

4-I’ve see. Where people leave the FRPS in and hooked up. Should I do that so that the ECU thinks it’s still working?

5-what is a good brand fuel pump for a return fuel system. I have almost all bolt on and will be rebuilding my engine here soon for boost. I run a 255lph svt focus pump right now. I believe I will be using the same LPH pump for the return swap. (yes I know it is over kill for what I have but I’m not going to do this and not put better in. Plus I’d like to be someone prepared for what I will be building anyways)

I know I’ll have more as I go but can’t think of any more at the moment. Yes I have googled searched and keep running into dead ends and so I am here looking for quality answers.

I am doing this because I keep going through FPRS and I am not replacing them anymore and the returnless system is a failure to begin with so I want it go
you need to change the fuel pump hat to a 1998 GT Mustangs ,it has the nipple for the return fuel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts