Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before my old 2.3 motor blew, I could rev that thing all the way up to "orange line", over 5,000 RPM or something like that. I put another N/A 2.3 in, now it only revs up to 2800 in park and in neutral. What's up with this? Please inform me! Thanks!

·
Registered
660 Posts
well its not a rev limiter... it's not enough air, fuel, or spark, or cam timing is way off.

oh and revving a motor to redline in neutral is not a smart or effective way to determine what a rev limit is.

motors aren't designed to see those kinds of revs without some sort of load on them.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Noone ever answered my question before, is there a way to remove the Rev limiter WITHOUT a tuner???

·
Registered
660 Posts
since the rev limiter is within the software program of the eec - the only solution is to re-write the program (tuner), or replace the ignition/injection brain with a seperate programmable computer (standalone).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
that means no, thanks, thats all i was looking for, i didnt need an explination. Honda has a resistor in their older ecus that you can remove or change to get no rev limit or higher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts