Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
(.)(.)
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I haven't seen anything on here about this and its cheap and easy to do. Obviously you need a double din or flip up stereo. This is pretty self explanatory and doesn't need a writeup i would assume. Just figured i would show you all what i did and how it looks.

I ordered this camera here 170° Mini Anti Fog Glass Car Rear View Reverse Backup Waterproof CMOS Camera | eBay
(hope link doesn't break)
I think it took like 3 or 4 weeks to receive BUT it was only like $14.

All i had to do was take out the trunk lock cylinder, then the camera was an exact fit in the hole.
Wire it up to your stereo, and power it from the reverse light and bingo bango you have a damn good looking reverse camera! Have a look and tell me what you think!

·
Registered
508 Posts
thats pretty neat, i thought about doing it. not that i would ever use it living where i live but for $14 i might do it anyways lol

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice man that's awesome. I wish u could set it up to record with sound. So if you were racing someone you could just record it haha

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Nice, I have 2 dd capable of it just nevr got around to doing it yet lol

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice, but my luck someone would try to open the trunk with the key and mess it up.

·
(.)(.)
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha i will say its a nice snug fit and the first one i used a screwdriver to help push and cracked the lens. But they are cheap so i ordered another :thumbup:

·
(.)(.)
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can they work with any double din? you should of done a write up on how to do it! looks good though
It should as long as it has a hookup for reverse camera.
To power it, i just used the driver side reverse light for the + and i also used the light for the interrupt. All that is is a wire that goes to the back of the radio to the 'reverse' wire. It acts like a remote wire and once light turns on in reverse, the radio automatically switches the the camera screen. You can also hook it up to be manual i suppose. Just run the power off a switched 12v source and run the interrupt to the same source but break the + with a simple switch. Flip the switch and the stereo goes to camera mode whenever you want. Only other wire is the video. :beer:

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

Its very proportional to the car though. I get nervous just using that to backup, but the sides lineup and the red line on the screen is ~5 feet away.

·
(.)(.)
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have 4 wires total. The video line from camera to radio, the signal line from the + or reverse light to back of radio, the + of reverse light to the camera and ground to camera as well. Pretty easy once you see it in front of you

·
(.)(.)
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went under the steering column then under the trim. Under the back seat then into the trunk and up to where the camera is. I just hid them and made sure they wouldn't get in he way when i closed the trunk.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Went under the steering column then under the trim. Under the back seat then into the trunk and up to where the camera is. I just hid them and made sure they wouldn't get in he way when i closed the trunk.
Looks like I'll be ordering it tonight. I mean for $16 why not lol. If I have any questions i'll ask but it looks pretty simple.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts