Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old Dog
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a race about a week ago and when I shifted from 3rd to 4th I missed the gate and went to reverse. It did not actually go into reverse. This was very odd as I have never had a problem missing 4th, 3rd is another story. Anyway now I can hardly get it in reverse and I have to hold it and feather the clutch or it pops out but when I try to move it out of reverse it acts like it lock in. 5th was very hard to get into it didn’t grind or anything but I had to push really hard to get it in and pull really hard to get it out. For the last 2 days now it has no problem shifting in and out of 5th but reverse is still not working correctly. The reverse getting locked in started happening the same time that 5th got easy to shift in and out of. My question is do you guys and gals think this is a syncro /transmission issue or a linkage problem? Any ideas on how to proceed? I don't have the funds to replace the tranny and it is still drivable but I want to figure out what’s happening and how to correct it. My car is a 2007 GT

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Sounds crazy. I would have liked to see that happen in person. But just a heads up, we don't really have linkage like other cars. There is one connection that goes right into the tranny so I would say your going to have to pay for this one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Same thing happened to me except I went into 2nd instead of 4th. Fortunately, my clutch is stock so it gave Way before the rest of the drivetrain. Sounds like you could have a bad synchro or maybe a bent shift fork. Either way sounds like the issue is definitely transmission related not a linkage problem.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Old Dog
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that's what I understand. I assume the shifting fork is inside the tranny right? It just seems odd that it appears to be getting better as I drive it. It's my daily driver so I drive it allot. Who knows maybe it Christens Granddaughter. Thanks for the responses every little bit helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts