Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys got another wax review for you. This time its all premium top shelf Carnauba paste waxes from some of the top names in detailing.

Here is the lineup (msrp):
Zymol Glasur Glaze (101)
Celeste Dettaglio v2 (172)
Zymol Carbon (50)
DodoJuice Blue Velvet Pro (80)
DodoJuice Purple Haze Pro (80)

Untitled by ModdedMach, on Flickr

Descriptions
Zymol Glasur Glaze
This wax is a Beige color, very soft in consistency, almost glistens in the pot and smells kinda sweet.

Celeste Dettaglio v2
This wax has a very good quality hard plastic pot that is very short and wide. Its slightly off white in color and it is firmer than the average paste wax but very smooth and oily to the touch. Smells like babypowder/perfume.

Zymol Carbon
Carbon is a nice blue color and very soft to the touch like Glasur Glaze. The Clear plastic container is VERY nice with an o-ring to lock in freshness. The container is hard to reseal tho because the threads are very short. The smell is kind of what youd expect from a blue wax, fruity berry light scent.

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro (sample container)
This is Dodo's dark color "hard" wax. Its dark blue in color and has a very nice berry fruit smell to match the color. Its firm in the pot but melts when you touch it.

Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro (sample container)
This is Dodo's dark color "soft" wax. Its dark purple in color and has a grapy/fruity smell to match the color. Its softer than Blue velvet but still on the firm side.

East of Application/Removal
All waxes were applied per instruction from the Manufacturer
The Dodo twins were applied by bare finger tips and everything else using a BnS foam applicator.
All waxes came out of the fridge @ 51 degrees into the garage that was 63 degrees.

Zymol Glasur- Very buttery smooth application. Easy Wipe on, wipe off.
Celeste Dettaglio v2- Firm at first but melts into the pad and onto the paint, this wax requires a curing time of 20 mins to haze. Removal isnt difficult as long as the coat is thin, but isnt as easy as some WoWo waxes. I think it would be easier to apply with bare hands because body heat would help the wax melt a little more.
Zymol Carbon- Same as Glasur, very buttery. Easy Wipe on, wipe off.
Dodo Juice BVP-Applied by bare hand, fairly smooth and goes on thin. Buffs off pretty easy after its hazed.
Dodo Juice PHP-Applied by bare hand, similar to BVP, slightly easier to remove once hazed though.

Heres the video, i apologize for the lighting, it was kinda of late before i could get to this. Most of my impressions and opinions are in the video in regards to look, beading and sheeting. Watch in HD and enjoy!

Conclusion of attributes:

Easy of Application (Ez to Hard): Naturally the harder waxes came in last...lol
Both Zymol waxes take 1st place here- very buttery
Purple Haze Pro 2nd
Blue Velvet very similar to PHP in 3rd
Celeste D. v2 in last. Note: I think i may have applied it slightly thick, a little thinner and it would have been easier to remove. But in general it wasnt difficult

Best Look
Celeste Dettaglio is ahead of the rest of the pack on this one. I could actually see that the section that CDv2 was applied to was darker than the rest of the waxes tested. I think wax will enhance any color it is applied to and offer the coveted deep, wet, sharp look. On my mach 1 it makes my black blacker and deeper and its very noticable.

Zymol and Dodojuice waxes were very comparable in look. There may be some difference if i were able to apply it to a whole vehicle but in this test they seemed very similar.

Thanks for reading/watching! Let me know what you guys think.

Reactions: Handz

·
TwinScrew Boostin'
846 Posts
Wow, Nice video!!! Thats CRAZY how Celeste made the paintwork that much darker.
I believe its the almond oil in the wax that gives that darker look. V2 has much more almond oil extracts than V1.

I seriously was not expecting the wax to look that crazy dark, you can REALLY see the difference on camera. Another great video!!!

·
TwinScrew Boostin'
846 Posts
PS. I would Love to see Carbon vs CG 50/50 since they are both at the same price point. Would be a great comparison.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
man you do need your rear re tinted LOL
I think you should do a test of them all on the back of the trunk lid and see how well each does with dusting buildup

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Sick review! Dude, you should pit OTC waxes against professional ones. I'd be very interested to see the difference. Right now all I have is mothers sealant and nuba and the beads are very tall and sheets great. Interesting stuff for sure. Celeste obviously wins!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great review, thanks for taking the time to do so. Are any of these waxes colored when you apply them? I just waxed this weekend and I had a hard time seeing the haze on performance white.

If none of these are colored can you recommend one?

Regards.

·
Resident Ford Rep
631 Posts
First off great review and awesome vid! looks like I will have to invest in celeste after all... damn you lol

Great review, thanks for taking the time to do so. Are any of these waxes colored when you apply them? I just waxed this weekend and I had a hard time seeing the haze on performance white.

If none of these are colored can you recommend one?

Regards.
someone correct me I'm wrong but dodo juice has some color specific waxes that might help with white in particular. However, the majority of premium carnuba waxes are in face white. Modded or son1c could make good recommendations

·
Registered
726 Posts
Great review man!

I could definitely see the darkness that Celeste gave compared to the others....

I'm sure your car looks epic in person! :drool

-Blink

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Another great review. Would love to see Purple Haze over Blue Velvet, as they work togother layered, to see if there is a color difference. When I did Banana Armour by it self it was good, but when I put Orange Crush on top, blew me away. That combo puts it in the price point of Celeste.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Dude I never realized youre in ATL. im gonna have to hit you up next time I go visit my uncle. And maybe buy you a tint job for your rear window :lmao

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Wow, Nice video!!! Thats CRAZY how Celeste made the paintwork that much darker.
I believe its the almond oil in the wax that gives that darker look. V2 has much more almond oil extracts than V1.

I seriously was not expecting the wax to look that crazy dark, you can REALLY see the difference on camera. Another great video!!!
Damn I really liked Celeste...

Will send wang pics for Celeste.com

Another great review bub

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Nice review man. Shocked with how that looked. Would love to see that on yellow. Hopefully I win this pot on facebook ;)

Still very impressed with the sheeting from Glasur/Carbon/Celeste.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice review man. Shocked with how that looked. Would love to see that on yellow. Hopefully I win this pot on facebook ;)

Still very impressed with the sheeting from Glasur/Carbon/Celeste.
I know man it shocked me too. The dodos were ALMOST as good as the three you mentioned, just barely behind on sheeting and comparable in beading.

All great waxes, i think celeste earned its difference in price in the review.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry it is mine. :swordfight:
haha DUDE Celeste would look RETARDED on metallic red.

I was just talking to Gottahaveitgreen about Celeste, i think it will offer a good warm glow on colors like red/green/blue. It made my black darker and wetter but thats because black is all about dark/sharp and wet. You cant make black look warm lol.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
First off great review and awesome vid! looks like I will have to invest in celeste after all... damn you lol

someone correct me I'm wrong but dodo juice has some color specific waxes that might help with white in particular. However, the majority of premium carnuba waxes are in face white. Modded or son1c could make good recommendations
the dodo waxes for white are light fantastic and diamond white iirc

celeste looks awesome, nice review

mach you need to retint your window man!

there's a 6 way wax test brewing from northern virginia :yes :D
featuring... drum roll..
supernatural
supernatural hybrid
wolfgang fuzion
autoglym high definition
petes 53
dodo juice pro blue velvet
dodo juice purple haze pro
;)

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the dodo waxes for white are light fantastic and diamond white iirc

celeste looks awesome, nice review

mach you need to retint your window man!

there's a 6 way wax test brewing from northern virginia :yes :D
featuring... drum roll..
supernatural
supernatural hybrid
wolfgang fuzion
autoglym high definition
petes 53
dodo juice pro blue velvet
dodo juice purple haze pro
;)
I know my window looks like ASS, florida sun ****ed the tint last time i went. My tent is getting done VERY soon.

^This line up is a LOT of dodo waxes lol.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not my review :D
oh thats right bluesmoke is the one with Sn and SnH....

thats how you know we post too much. i know everyones inventory...lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts