Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are quick reviews. Sorry for the lack of pictures with the Cleaner, but I did not check my camera settings and realized that I had the settings WAY wrong after the fact. I will take more when I rewash the car. :)

Mothers FX Wheel & Tire Cleaner

Desc: Mothers didn’t invent the wheel but they did come up with a great way to clean it. Mothers FX Wheel & Tire Cleaner is a sophisticated chemical cleaner that dissolves brake dust and all manner of road grime without degrading clear coated, anodized, polished aluminum, or chrome wheels. It works safely and effectively on any type of wheels.

Mothers FX Wheel & Tire Cleaner is engineered with cutting edge technology to dissolve thick brake dust that accumulates in every crevice, pore, and nick so your wheels will be clean, clear, and dust-free. With regular cleaning, Mothers FX Wheel & Tire Cleaner will prevent brake dust from creating microscopic holes in the protective coating which will lead to rust and corrosion down the road.

Test Subject: 2007 Toyota Highlander

My Feelings: This is my absolute FAVORITE wheel & tire cleaner. I am a big believer in the power of ZEP citrus. However, it simply does not work like this stuff does. What I had done for this test was clean my tires with the Zep and my tire scrub brush. After a good scrubbing, the tires looked decent, although you could still see some brown. I then reached for the Mothers. The foam almost instantly started turning brown. A quick easy scrub was all it took and then a rinse with water. The tires were nice rich and black. No brown remaining. If you notice in the past I was also a big Amazing Roll Off fan. I still am, but I keep it for vert tops now, and not on the tires. This stuff works better than that.

Mothers Relections Advanced Tire Care

Description: Show car-perfect tires for weeks!

A glossy, wet shine is the goal of any quality car wax, but it shouldn’t be the goal of your tire dressing. On the concours circuit, the rich, satin glow of new rubber is what the professionals and collectors strive for. You can achieve that look on your own vehicle with Mothers Reflections Advanced Tire Care.

This tire treatment was designed especially for the concours. It hydrates your tires to create a deep, dark sheen that is never shiny, greasy, or slick. It makes your tires look new, not over-dressed. Mothers Advanced Tire Care rejuvenates older tires so they resist drying, fading, and wear. New tires are maintained with regular use.

The best part is that Mothers Tire Care lasts for weeks! It doesn’t sling off or evaporate within a few days. Your tires will keep their show-car perfect glow for long-lasting protection against the elements.

My feelings: Love it as well. I am a huge Opti-bond fan. I love a matte finish. However, many people love a glossier finish to their tires. If so, this is the perfect product. I use this just as much as the Opti-Bond now. It is also pretty durable. The day after applying it was a thunderstorm. It still looked just as good. Yesterday I drove 200 miles through a bad thunderstorm and it still looks good.

Final thoughts. Both excellent products that I would recommend, and often do.

***EDIT*** Directly from Mothers - This wheel cleaner could posibly stai some polished aluminum and some anodized wheels. They only recommend it on clearcoated and chrome wheels.

Now to piggyback on that, if you have polished Aluminum wheels, they make an EXCELLENT Polished Aluminum Wheel Cleaner that I have used as well. It works great and again I recommend it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Do you like the Mothers Reflections as much as the Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance? I have been using that lately and love it. It sounds pretty similar to your review.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update. More rain this morning. The tire shine finally wore off. The tires still look good, the finish is just much more matte. No gloss. Still not to bad. Three two storms, a few hundred miles, and five days.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does not sling at all if applied correctly like the directions say. As for shine I find the hot shine to be a very wet glossy look. This has a nice semi-gloss rich look.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I also really like the following combo it works great I have a gallon of Mothers Wheel & Tire Cleaner and 3 Bottles of Mothers Reflection Advanced Tire Care. Mothers Wheel & Tire Cleaner cleans tires better than anything I have tried, including Zep Citrus at 4:1. Reflections Tire care leaves a nice matte finish that doesnt sling or brown tires. Also a little goes a long way, very good combo to use. Nice review James glad to see you back man.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I will never leave here for good. Just have to take mini vacations from time to time because of work.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and I would LOVE to have a gallon of this stuff. i do however had 4 spray bottles full of it. I used what Jim sent and then went and refilled at the parts store buying them out! LOL

·
Registered
221 Posts
So that you guys can recognize the bottles, here they are:

FX Wheel & Tire Cleaner is the same as Mothers Wheel & Tire Cleaner -- just available in different markets in some cases.

I do want to clarify that contrary to some early labeling and what M.P. Cobra cited above, we recommend these cleaners only on clearcoated wheels, chrome clad, or chrome plate -- staining may occur on some polished aluminum or some anodized.

Reflections Tire Care is pretty much online-only... Jeg's, Summit, Amazon, Autogeek, etc., plus our online store.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Those wheels look like they just rolled off the factory floor :rockon

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks man. It works really good. Only a very light scrubbing with a soft bristle wheel brush was used to get them that clean.

***EDIT*** Directly from Mothers - This wheel cleaner could posibly stai some polished aluminum and some anodized wheels. They only recommend it on clearcoated and chrome wheels.

Now to piggyback on that, if you have polished Aluminum wheels, they make an EXCELLENT Polished Aluminum Wheel Cleaner that I have used as well. It works great and again I recommend it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts