Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the subject says and it does rev up super quick. Like within a second, I'm at 5000 rpm. But when it idles down(Only when I'm in neutrel, not driving), it sure takes a while to come back down to idle speed.

I advanced the timing a tad after see'ing I had Ford Racing injectors in, plus I used 2 cans of Silver can octane booster from Autozone. No knocks or pining(I think it did it once at around 4k but that was before the computer even had time to make it's adjustments too. Never seen a check engine light ever since. Anyways, if I back the timing off, I will end up with slow revs and shitty horsepower with shitty accelaration as well. Guys please help with my whoo's on this. Also can someone tell me how to baseline my stock FPR before I make my initial adjustment to it. I have no FPR gauge.

Thanks

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well maybe 1.5 -2.0 seconds. It really grabs the rpms with no problem it's the idle down. I beleive it's time for us to buy that piggyback TPS Sensor from jegs. it's supposed to give you better acceleration, and quicker revs. a 91Cobra, when you start your car, does it takes a few seconds to crank up? Or soon as you turn the key over, it cranks. Just making sure i'm not having any timing issues. When I advanced it, it does crank up a lil faster.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i dont know if my timing has been advanced, ive been told that its good to jump it to 13 but i havent done it yet, when i start my car it cranks maybe twice then fires up, but i do have a system in it that sucks on the battery and shaved doors that like to drain it down, how much does that piggy back cost?

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's 89.99 on Jegs or Summit... Let me snag a link...

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it pretty much plugs "In Between" the too. You seperate the plugs from the TPS and plug in the TPS Enhancer, and That's it. It only plugs in one way. I will be getting one soon. It's not some ebay knock off or wannabe

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... It's a simple 1-2 install. The TPS has those round plugs and that TPSE just plugs in between and advances the voltage rating so you will get a much better respose.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
just so you know my car revs down way slower since i advanced my timing to 14 degrees

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I would adjust your tps normaly. Iac, and vss are two culprits in your idle down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts