Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately my car gets random bouts of Rf in the stereo. I can sometimes turn the car off and itll go away. And tonight it actually wouldnt let me roll up my window for a second. It also seems like I can hear when I turn on electric things in the car such as lights or roll up/down the windows. Any help?

·
Registered
609 Posts
usually interference and road noise coming through speakers is caused from impropper shielding of wires and or rigged up connections...if it only does it when the car is running, but not when at acc only, its probably some connections behind the radio....have you messed with the stereo lately?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I had to pull my stereo out because of blown speakers then going back in and putting new speakers in. Itll do it with just the key turned on too not running. Rather irritating. It doesnt cause my amps to do wierd things I can just hear it and its annoying. Your from my hometown btw 95project

·
Registered
609 Posts
tha M town huh? cool. where u at now?

yeah, it sounds like you got some bad connections, poorly shielded wires, or maybe even some damage to some of the wires...are you using the radio to power any of the speakers or do they all go through aftermarket amps? you could be having a conflict with the stock ford mach amps.

the only way i know to fix road noise is make sure you have a decent aftermarket reciever, dont use any of the existing wiring or factory amps, and make sure you have a Monster brand or equivlent rca cable from the radio to aftermarket amp.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea live in Southaven. Well my family is there I'm at MS State right now. Its aftermarket head with the adapter running to the stock amps. Sounds good when the RFI isnt there. When it stops raining I'll yank it out and see.

·
Registered
73 Posts
One thing you can try is running your power wires as far away from your speaker wires as you can somtimes when there together they create noise.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll give that a shot too. Thanks. Like I said it comes and goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
if your hearing an increase or decrease in the noise when using acc. in the car such as windows then your problem is probably a poor ground either at the radio or the battery.....oh and btw get rid of the stock amps your aftermarket head makes more power than the mach amps

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definately not. I've already tried to bypass. There is quite a difference. The mach puts outs 460 watts I believe. Whereas my aftermarket puts out 50. But thanks for the input on the rfi

·
Registered
609 Posts
i 100% agree with bypassing the stock amps...they dont put out 460...

the signal to noise ratio and frequency output is crap...pure crap. any aftermarket head unit pushing more than 18watts RMS per channel (avg seems to be in the mid 20's these days) will blow the mach's away. run new, clean wires from all your speakers to the head unit, check you head unit ground, and dont tap into any factory wires...run into the fuse box or straight to the battery.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My stock speakers won't work with my headunit though will it? The mach system is an 8 ohm system correct?

·
Registered
73 Posts
i 100% agree with bypassing the stock amps...they dont put out 460...

the signal to noise ratio and frequency output is crap...pure crap. any aftermarket head unit pushing more than 18watts RMS per channel (avg seems to be in the mid 20's these days) will blow the mach's away. run new, clean wires from all your speakers to the head unit, check you head unit ground, and dont tap into any factory wires...run into the fuse box or straight to the battery.
+1 i did exactly what 95project said and no radio noise and i think it sounds greats, btw why not replace your factory speakerf or some better ones its worth it

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any suggestions in that are? I have some 6x9 polks laying around but I know the speaker holes are for 6x8;s. Ive got 2 6x8's audiobahns but their a component set and I dont like that stuff now that I've played with it some.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the 6x8 are good for the doors, but if you do away with the box from the back there are factory holes for 6x9 i have had good luck with pioneer speakers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok so the 6x9's will bolt straight into the back deck? I really wanna be sure when I do this that It's going to sound go because it sounds like it's gonna be some work to get all this stuff removed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah the back deck is made for 6x9. the box in the back has 6 bolts holding it and two of those are under the amps so youll have to take the amps out first

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok. The main concern is will it be worth the time? I don't feel like yanking it, being unsatisfied, then having to go right back and replace it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any kinda help?? Can I use existing wires? Will I have to modify rear deck for 6x9's

·
Registered
73 Posts
No i dont recomend useing existing wires cause that is why you are getting rfi, no you dont have to modify the back deck if you look at it you can see the place and screw holes for the 6x9. But definetly run new speaker wire.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts