Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used them. I have been looking at roll cage and was going to go with comp engineering. Jegs said they were on back order until January. I found rhodes online gave them a call . I have done a search and they had some older positive reviews but nothing recent.. the price was 295 for an 8 point cage shipped. I went on and ordered it. Just wondering if I made a bad choice.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm guessing it comes bare? I'm looking into a cage soon since I'm a vert and run consistently under 13.5 now. I'll have to take a look at the link.

I was going to go with the MM 6 point...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing it comes bare? I'm looking into a cage soon since I'm a vert and run consistently under 13.5 now. I'll have to take a look at the link.

I was going to go with the MM 6 point...[/QUOTE

I'm hoping it comes bare easier to weld. The reviews I found were from guys that installed them in foxbodies. They gave good reviews on fitment and quality.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

The Rhodes is cheaper, It'll be interesting to see how well it fits.
I will post some pictures when it arrives. I was impressed on how quick turnaround time was. I ordered it today they said they I'll build it today and ship it on Monday. I should have it on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It all depends on the labor rate of the shop that does the install. They say it is an 8 hour job with removing and reinstalling the interio. With that being said you can save a bunch of money by removing and reinstalling the interior yourself

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You can always do it yourself and bolt the cage in. My uncle running 10.75s is bolted in and has no issues. Welding is obviously better but I plan on bolting mine in when the time comes.

There is time spent test fitting and grinding down **** to get a flat surface.

·
13,575 Posts
Wow man you got a good deal and a good find for sure. Mild steel is strong but a little heavier and that's no big deal unless you are a professional racer.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow man you got a good deal and a good find for sure. Mild steel is strong but a little heavier and that's no big deal unless you are a professional racer.
I'm hoping fitment is good. I think I found a little more information on rhodes racing. I found a couple of post that said they use to be broke dick racing. They moved and changed the name.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have an ic tank that was made by broke dick racing and its pretty good quality. Not saying that follows through with their cages but its worth mentioning i suppose.
If it fits half as good as thier build time and customer service I will be a happy. Thier cages are built to order and I ordered it 4 pm Friday and just got tracking confermatiom it shipped today and will arrive Wednesday .

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was hoping to give some feedback on this cage but f**king FedEx lost part of the shipment. They are saying last box will arrive on Monday. So far I have received the hoop and couple of the other bars. Right now it's only 5pt cage lol. The bends on hoop look really good.

·
13,575 Posts
I called them about my VERT they said its the same cage so I may buy one too and build off from it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I called them about my VERT they said its the same cage so I may buy one too and build off from it.
Keep us updated if you go through with it. I would like some feedback on the vert install, fit and finish.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would think there would be known difference between vert and hard top unless you get the optional bar setup that would go through the package tray. I got the standard set up.. I will say rhodes racing has been great to deal with. I got emails when the package was ready for shipping and after it shipped. I wish more companies did that especially on made to order parts. Im always wondering were it is in the process. I started pulling the interior Friday but it's so freaking hot I only got the seats out before quitting.

·
13,575 Posts
Keep us updated if you go through with it. I would like some feedback on the vert install, fit and finish.
It would be a winter project for me, but when I do Ill update my thread.

I would think there would be known difference between vert and hard top unless you get the optional bar setup that would go through the package tray. I got the standard set up.. I will say rhodes racing has been great to deal with. I got emails when the package was ready for shipping and after it shipped. I wish more companies did that especially on made to order parts. Im always wondering were it is in the process. I started pulling the interior Friday but it's so freaking hot I only got the seats out before quitting.

You would think there would be a difference but the cars are identical with the exception of the top and a few interior pieces.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well its been a bit but finally getting this cage installed. The fitment seems to very good. With that being said there Is some cutting and grinding that needs to be done. It's about half way done and haven't run into any problems

1 - 20 of 20 Posts