Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Never heard of that particular gear, but Richmond was in the gear business long before some of the others. Go for the 4.10's or 4.30's, Im thinking of swapping my 4.10's for 4.30's. Why? Just because im ready for a change.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought FRPP gears were manufactured by Richmond Gear.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've had richmond in a few cars they are great gears.
Frpp gears are made by Motive Gears.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
RICHMOND!!!! ALL THE WAY!!!! have them in my trash truck that doubles as a track truck too.. 8.5" 4.10 for an aenemic 10 bolt gm rear.. anyone that knows cheby's knows this is a horrible weak rearend and mine is holding together beutifully and quietly!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had richmond in a few cars they are great gears.
Frpp gears are made by Motive Gears.
well i got two different stories on that today, thats why i ask. FRPP told me that only the gears with the part #m are made by motive.

I thought FRPP gears were manufactured by Richmond Gear.
thats what i was told today.

Never heard of that particular gear, but Richmond was in the gear business long before some of the others. Go for the 4.10's or 4.30's, Im thinking of swapping my 4.10's for 4.30's. Why? Just because im ready for a change.
Im not asking becuase i want to switch, i have 4.10s, im asking becuase i want to sell them. I have someone who wants 4.10s, ford cant ship to me for a week or more and i can get the blue diamonds from richmond right now for a good price. This guy is local and he said if i tell him they are as good as the frpp 410A's then he will take them, i dont want to steer him wrong. My distributor said that they make the FRPP gears. FRPP didnt really answer me on that, what he said is that the 410As come from ford. If i buy 10 sets i get an even better price, so im wondering if i could move them. but i dont hear stangers talking about those gears, dodge guys dig them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts