Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up? It seems that since I lowered my car the left side (drivers side) seems lower than the passanger side. I don't know what could possibly cause this, I cut the same amount off the front 2, and the same off the back 2. Its not like super noticeable, but i had thought it was a little off right after i lowered it, and measured from the ground to the top of the wheel well and the passanger side was higher, but i can notice it just by looking at the passanger side and than looking at the drivers side. Does anybody know what could cause this? Should i take another 1/4 coil off the passanger front spring (back looks fine)?

Thanks,
Jake.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
did you forget to put an ISO back in on the drivers side?

did you line up the ISO's with the hole in the A arm?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you forget to put an ISO back in on the drivers side?

did you line up the ISO's with the hole in the A arm?
im almost positive everythings lined up right and same iso's for both sides, i might try taking just the right side front top ISO out. Right now i have 1.25 cut off both fronts, and 1 cut off the back. with both front lower ISO's off.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
im almost positive everythings lined up right and same iso's for both sides, i might try taking just the right side front top ISO out. Right now i have 1.25 cut off both fronts, and 1 cut off the back. with both front lower ISO's off.
did you torque the sway bar end links the same on both sides, same goes for tie rod ends and the bolts on the top of the struts.

Thats about all that i can think of that might possibly cause the difference.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you torque the sway bar end links the same on both sides, same goes for tie rod ends and the bolts on the top of the struts.

Thats about all that i can think of that might possibly cause the difference.
no idea what your talking about here.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
no idea what your talking about here.
well it might be different if your just removing springs..

what exactly did you do to get the springs out, to cut them?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it might be different if your just removing springs..

what exactly did you do to get the springs out, to cut them?
the rear was simple, jackstands, jack under 1 side of axel, unbolted shock, lowered jack, removed spring..

front was a little harder, raised one side of the car on a jack, put another jack under the control arm, removed caliper, shock bolts, and control arm bolts, lowered jack, removed spring.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
the rear was simple, jackstands, jack under 1 side of axel, unbolted shock, lowered jack, removed spring..

front was a little harder, raised one side of the car on a jack, put another jack under the control arm, removed caliper, shock bolts, and control arm bolts, lowered jack, removed spring.
oh. that seems like a more difficult way to do it, for the front at least.

I dont know what could cause the difference then, was there any loose **** in the bottom of the A arm? i know when i did mine i had to vacuum up a bunch or rocks a dirt from the inside of the A arm.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh. that seems like a more difficult way to do it, for the front at least.

I dont know what could cause the difference then, was there any loose **** in the bottom of the A arm? i know when i did mine i had to vacuum up a bunch or rocks a dirt from the inside of the A arm.
I'm gonna take apart the right side and check, if theres nothing wrong, would removing just the front right iso be a bad idea, but leaving the front left one to even out the height?

·
Registered
730 Posts
ive herd of people having that problem before i think 6er talked about it in a thread before.

but i would go through and check the isos and boots just to be sure

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive herd of people having that problem before i think 6er talked about it in a thread before.

but i would go through and check the isos and boots just to be sure
alright, im hoping 6er gets in here tomorrow and has a solution, he seems to know everything about cutting springs. I'd like to get the problem fixed, the driver side is like perfect ride height, but the passanger side is just slightly higher off the ground.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I'm gonna take apart the right side and check, if theres nothing wrong, would removing just the front right iso be a bad idea, but leaving the front left one to even out the height?
Im not sure on that one.

I would park the car on a nice level surface and measure the height again and see if it really is a full 1/4"

·
Registered
730 Posts
should i measure the same way? from the ground to the top of the wheel well?
i would measure from the ground to the bottom of the skirt right behind the wheel and definately +1 on a level surface

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
should i measure the same way? from the ground to the top of the wheel well?
Yeah thats how i did it.

And i doubt that they will ever be exactly the same

here are my stock measurements for reference.

driver front

passenger front

rear (i forget which side is which)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yeah thats how i did it.

And i doubt that they will ever be exactly the same

here are my stock measurements for reference.

driver front

passenger front

rear (i forget which side is which)

dude thank you so much.... i tried to give you reps on that but it wont let me? i think i gave you reps already lol but ive been searching for that measurment since i forgot to do it on mine :D

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
dude thank you so much.... i tried to give you reps on that but it wont let me? i think i gave you reps already lol but ive been searching for that measurment since i forgot to do it on mine :D
no problem

mine might have been a bit off, the general measurment seems to be about 28.5" from ground to center of fender

here is how it looks now :D Now it is right around 27"

·
Registered
730 Posts
no problem

mine might have been a bit off, the general measurment seems to be about 28.5" from ground to center of fender

here is how it looks now :D Now it is right around 27"

dammm those saleens are so clean looking ... im not a fan of the chrome... since i have chrome cobras lol i also like them headlights
:drool

how much did you cut off... im pretty sure mine is a little lower than that

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had the same problem when I put FMS c springs on my V6. Swapped to H&R supersports, same issue just less of a difference.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
dammm those saleens are so clean looking ... im not a fan of the chrome... since i have chrome cobras lol i also like them headlights
:drool

how much did you cut off... im pretty sure mine is a little lower than that
i didnt cut anything lol

its a pro kit IIRC (bought them used quite awhile ago)

and the wheels are hypercoated not chrome :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts