Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after about 3 different threads about my stripes...I've finally decided on a color and style, and found the right company...Ridergraphix...I was wondering if anyone has ordered from them, heard anything good/bad about them...etc...

So far I have no complaints...Brian shipped me out a color sample book ($15) and I had soooooo many colors to choose from I found the perfect one. He is also working with me on taking one of his existing kits and getting just part of it made, so I get no ill feeling thus far...just searching for any feedback about them...

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Congrats. I know dealing with vinyls are a pain. Getting the right ones and finding a good company. I should be getting mine put on this week. If my parts come in im doing the car parts and vinyls as long as the parts and tune only take 2 days max.

Havent heard of that company but if they are going out of their way to help you out they have to be good. Hopefully you find a place to put them on as well I have had issues finding someone willing to do that.

Are your old vinyls off as well? Some places charge just as much to remove old ones as they do to put new ones on.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's awesome he sent you the book.
Yeah he's responded within hours, if not minutes, to every one of my emails...even on a Sunday night...

Congrats. I know dealing with vinyls are a pain. Getting the right ones and finding a good company. I should be getting mine put on this week. If my parts come in im doing the car parts and vinyls as long as the parts and tune only take 2 days max.

Havent heard of that company but if they are going out of their way to help you out they have to be good. Hopefully you find a place to put them on as well I have had issues finding someone willing to do that.

Are your old vinyls off as well? Some places charge just as much to remove old ones as they do to put new ones on.
I'm sending the car in for some bodywork and to get a professional detail done (car went through an automatic carwash this winter, got a nice bath of surface scratches that I can't get out with my buffer) and my guy said he'd take the stripes off for 100-200...I'm going to experiment and take a small chunk off the rear bumper to see how hard it is, because if I can do it myself then thats 200 bucks saved...Haven't found a place to put it on, but my body shop said they could call someone while my car is there and have them give me a quote...

Obviously I would rather paint them on, but thats a wee bit too much for me right now...I just can't wait to have all these surface scratches off!! The car looks soooooo old in sunlight because every (and I mean EVERY) surface has scratches on it :(

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
To take my old ones off which look to be the same as yours in your sig I used a bottle of concentrated simple green and a plastic scraper. I tried lacquer thinner and a razor blade but that just ended up taking off some of the clear coat.

I didnt have access to a heat gun and didnt want to use a blowdryer in the garage so I just stayed outside and sprayed a lot of simple green on and let it soak in the adhesive. The stripes themselves should peel right off but using a heat gun should help remove some adhesive with the stripes. I dug in pretty good with the plastic scraper and the car looks fine... besides the one spot on the spoiler I used the razor on :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts