Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
You get what you pay for.

(I have had no experience with that website, or that product.)

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could just be a good deal?

"This high quality fiberglass front bumper is Guaranteed to fit or your money back!"

·
Registered
484 Posts
Its hard to make them look good it can be done its just hard. But they do look sick on a real cobra r.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a members car I saw a few days ago and man it looked good. It pushed me to the idea of getting it.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
The rear Cobra R bumper is 2 piece, just your standard 99/01 bumper with a riveted on front spoiler.
where can you find a 99-01 cobra bumper? nobody seems to make them

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think the reproduction Cobra R's have the front spoiler made into the bumper cover.

·
Registered
484 Posts
With a mini sawzall and a steady hand you could make it back into a 99/01 cobra bumper slap a mach splitter on and call it a day. Boom $200 99/01 cobra bumper.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
probably because its fiberglass and not polyurethane

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wanna know how to get a 2 peice oem style cobra r?
Ford is the ONLY seller of new 99-01 cobra front bumpers so this, and STEEDA now sells a "cobra r" chin peice that attachs to the 99-01 cobra.

Steeda also sells the same style chin in a gt bumper model, and a 03-04 cobra bumper.

This is pricey yes, but this is what I plan on doing. Find a friend that works for Ford and have him get the bumper.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've heard people around my area aren't finding any ford dealers that still sell the bumpers. I don't really want a 2 piece. It's so low i'm afraid hitting little bumps will just rip it off rather than scratch it up.

just buy my 99 cobra bumper

edit: nvm saw u were in va

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I believe it has to be a Ford racing dealer, there not all that. But I mean think about it, I would think they would still make it for insourance resigns.

And I saw you wanted to sell it lol, I wish I could, however my next purchase will be a set of " c " heads

·
Registered
982 Posts
With a mini sawzall and a steady hand you could make it back into a 99/01 cobra bumper slap a mach splitter on and call it a day. Boom $200 99/01 cobra bumper.
^ WRONG!!! this bumper is way to low for any kind of drop so just remember that. Ive got it and had to cut the front lip off for clearance reasons. I did a wonderful job on the cut, sand, prime, repaint, but there is no way to make the thing look good on the sides by the wheels. its far too low there and I dont dare lower the car till I get someting different. Though it is the best looking, other than the 99-01 cobra with chin.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^ thats what I'm afraid of. I'm dropped on sportlines and at my work I already scrape my 99 cobra bumper that has a mach1 chin. If I went any lower I'd rip the bumper off. Only thing I could do is have one in the garage and swap it out if I want to cruise around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts