Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a problem with my car. I have a banging noise in the rear when I turn right at some speed, I'm not sure but I think it's a control arm... Note only right turn thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Check your exhaust hangers. Can't see much in the way is suspension that would make a banging/clicking noise unless something was real loose. But then I would think you h
Would be having other issues too. Could be rear end clutch packs going out too but I doubt it. Check for any wierd or unusual wear on your brake rotors too. Without really hearing it, it's just all guessing. You should post up a vid. Is it a rythmic banging? Does it get faster or slower with your speed? Is it a solid kind of think or is it a light tinny clicking?

·
Noob
828 Posts
Check your exhaust hangers. Can't see much in the way is suspension that would make a banging/clicking noise unless something was real loose. But then I would think you h
Would be having other issues too. Could be rear end clutch packs going out too but I doubt it. Check for any wierd or unusual wear on your brake rotors too. Without really hearing it, it's just all guessing. You should post up a vid. Is it a rythmic banging? Does it get faster or slower with your speed? Is it a solid kind of think or is it a light tinny clicking?
^ +1 I had a similar sound on that same side and I found a thread on this forum that said it could be the hanger. So I tightened the hanger although it was barely loose at all and it solved the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts