Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running 18x10s on the front of a 05-09 GT?
I would like to put the same size fattie sneakers on all 4 corners...just think it looks better than staggered sizes.

Thanks for any replies...

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
it depends on how wide your rears are honestly.. I like the staggered look honestly, but if you put too big of a tire on the front you loose turning ability.

Same thing happened to my bother truck.. tossed 31's on it and now it hits the swap bar.

Not 100% on S197's but 275's are the max on a 99-04.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Yes...I am...as are all the 05-09 Roushes.

Roush sends em out the door with 275's on all four corners.

You can go 275 or 285's on all four...and I have been told you can fit 305's on the rears with 18x10's but I doubt you can put those on the front without hitting when you turn, but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes...I am...as are all the 05-09 Roushes.

Roush sends em out the door with 275's on all four corners.

You can go 275 or 285's on all four...and I have been told you can fit 305's on the rears with 18x10's but I doubt you can put those on the front without hitting when you turn, but I don't know for sure.
275s will fit on a 9 in rim width, though. On a 10 in rim you should be able to put 295s or 285s. I'm not too concerned with turning radius. I won't be driving that aggressively.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I thought that the 10' wide rim would rub up front and if it does not, will you not have to run a smaller tire?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm about to run 305's on the 18x10 saleen replica wheels. As soon as i order the 2 wheels for the back end. My dumbass bought a set 18x9's on ebay. All 4 for $415 shipped. Don't get me wrong...i love them but i want some nitto drag radials :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw 305s on 20s in the rear, it looked great but I highly doubt that he put them on with stock shocks, it was less than a 3/4 inch from the body and looked like it would hit if he hit a cm crack in the road. As far as the front goes, I'm about to buy 255/50 on 17x8 stock rims, the tires are 10.2 inchs wide and the whole setup is 27.2 inchs in diameter (I believe stock setup is around the same in diameter) If everything works out, I'm right at the limit for a stock setup without it rubbing (I plan on driving the s*** outa these tires so turning is important for me) I'll post when they're on to tell you guys how close them come to rubbing...

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
I installed my 18X10's with 285/40/18's on the front of my car just to see if they would fit. They fit just fine and did not hit when I turned either direction. However, I did not drive the car. The backspacing on my 18X10's is 45MM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts