Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2005 v6 mustang what size rim is best for drag racing? I have 20s righ now and i know they are holding me down with weight. I know v6 and drag racing dont mix but, ita all fun.:D

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
On a 2005 v6 mustang what size rim is best for drag racing? I have 20s righ now and i know they are holding me down with weight. I know v6 and drag racing dont mix but, ita all fun.:D
well this all depends on how hard core you're wanting to drag race...and if you want to DD on these wheels

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think ill go with middlecore compared to hardcore.
Want them to look good but also be better off in the 1/8 or 1/4 mile would you say 18s will be alright with 275s on the back?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
I think ill go with middlecore compared to hardcore.
Want them to look good but also be better off in the 1/8 or 1/4 mile would you say 18s will be alright with 275s on the back?
at this point in life i'd just get the 18's...and enjoy the clean looking DD that you can just run at the track..you'll only be running just for fun anyway so yea...enjoy the clean ride

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think more than anything you need to be looking for some ultra light wheels. There are a lot of 18s that still weigh a ton.

And remember, generally the smaller diameter wheel you have, the more the tire will weigh.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any ultra light light wheels that would look good but not break the bank?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts