Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again!!! Well its the question of the year, friday I'm buying either kooks long tubes with a catted x or wider rims and tires... but im torn between the two and want to get some opinions from you guys. My current mods are 4.10s intake, bama tune and mid mufflers. I really don't get traction in first as it is and shifting into second makes the stang want to go sideways. How much worse would it be with the headers? Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
i say go with the headers and x but I am bias'd since i'm running that header/x-pipe combo....depends on what you prefer, the headers and x-pipe are gonna make your car even better sounding while adding some power but the wheels and tires would help your traction problem, of course you could try some suspension mods like springs and lca's...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I dont know how your spinning so much now, I am at 500rwhp and dont have spinning problems. I would go with the rims and tires and wait for the headers until you can do more at one time. The thing I have learned about performance mods is each time you have to worry about getting the right tune for it to be worth while and that can take some time and money so I am waiting to do all my performace mods until I can do the rest of them all at one time. One cheaper and easier mod that wont require a tune and you can do yourself is a one peice drive shaft.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know how your spinning so much now, I am at 500rwhp and dont have spinning problems. I would go with the rims and tires and wait for the headers until you can do more at one time. The thing I have learned about performance mods is each time you have to worry about getting the right tune for it to be worth while and that can take some time and money so I am waiting to do all my performace mods until I can do the rest of them all at one time. One cheaper and easier mod that wont require a tune and you can do yourself is a one peice drive shaft.
500hp and you don't spin the stock 235s.... Impossible. Bone stock with the tcs off it chirped going into third. And my tires have 5k on them. As stated earlier I have a Bama tune, so I can get a retune for whatever I do at any time for free.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
this is a tough one imo. do you want to work on the looks or go a bit faster. i really think i'd rather look a bit better.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I spin all the way through 2nd and a little in third but i've got cams too...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would go with the headers. My preference is to go with performance first then looks second.

Oh and cmg427 how do you have 500rwhp and not spin?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well with my current set up plus the headers how much of a horsepower increase am I looking at? If its not a noticeable amount then I'll just go with the rims :)

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Headers​

·
Registered
371 Posts
The gain from the headers will not be noticeable. But if you stay N/A every little bit helps. They just let the motor breathe better. With lower horsepower cars they are more for sound than anything else.

Oh and I never stay under 2500 rpms lol:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Go with the Kooks. In my opinion, the rims are not bad looking, and the Kooks (with your mods) will put you in the ballpark with the newer sport cars.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i also will get the macs, but the reason people want kooks or arh is they are stainless while macs are ceramic coated.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was considering macs, but they don't have a catted mid pipe and I don't want to take it to a shop to get cats welded in (I'm in cali and cops here are pretty strict. 10k fine if your caught without cats) and if I did take it to a shop plus buying the cats id be right at the price of the kooks anyways :/

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That article says about a 23hp increase average, I take it I wouldn't see that much since I'm na right now? How much should I be expecting? Thanks for your help everyone btw!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts