Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order some rims for the car and was wondering if any of you guys had fr500's on your cars and what color looked best. I have the torch red mach and the options are chrome, black or anthracite. I was leaning towards anthracite because i think the silverish color would bring out the red but havent seen then on a car to judge

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I am about to order some rims for the car and was wondering if any of you guys had fr500's on your cars and what color looked best. I have the torch red mach and the options are chrome, black or anthracite. I was leaning towards anthracite because i think the silverish color would bring out the red but havent seen then on a car to judge
I just ordered my wheels yesterday. I got the 18" FR500's with the deep dish rears in chrome.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
What color is your car? what model is your car? Give us some info and we'll try our hardest to help you out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 03 red mach. stock appearance outside but it will be lowered here soon not sure how much so i was wanting to get some nice rims. Are you running 315's in the back now with the deep dish?
Saw a few sets of fr500's on ebay for 375 but theyre all 18 x 9

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
no, 295's on the back and 275 up front, and I strongly reccomend the black FR500's. What do you have done to your car so far?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking black but wasn't sure if you could see them to appreciate them while I am driving. I have been looking for pics of mach's with fr500's and can only find chrome which i dont want.
Right now it just has JLT RAI, exhaust which will be changed soon, got the intake ported and im going to order some bottom end stuff this summer if i can balance car payments with college and somehow save money.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
then I'm getting 245's, I haven't yet bought the tires don't know what kind I want yet. What are you getting for tires?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Some kinda of coating where are you buying the wheels from? I bought mine from americanmuscle.com I highly reccomend them. I know that they have the black wheekks because I almost bought them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was asking if 275's fit lol. I would think they should with a tiny buldge if any but thats a guess.
I was thinking about keeping 245's in front like now and going 275's in back simply because what I would do which is 315's in back like you costs way more since i need a bigger tire plus the bigger rim would be more than normal. Im shopping around now. How much were your rims if ya dont mine my asking?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
If you're going 10.5" wide wheels in the back I reccomend at least a 285. I paid just under $800, but chrome are more money. I think american muscle was the cheapest. I also bought locking luguts and Ford Racing center caps and billet valve stem caps too. so I paid like $900 for everything.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a flowmaster exhaust. Im getting hooker headers with probably an H pipe since they sound a little deeper than x and possibly borla muffs

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm...900 isn't bad...you got black?

i dont think i can afford 10.5 or 10' right now so im going to just get 9' all the way around and upgrade to 10.5 but i spend way too much money so that could be down the road lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha your car must sound pretty nice then man. I dont mind the sound just want more flow plus headers and h pipe will sound delicious

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
NO! I bought chrome, which are more exspensive. You should be able to get black wheels for under $750.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Borlas sound better, than anything that I've ever heard on a 4 valve. although I can get a deal on a new SLP LM2 like no other.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah borla sound good on anything.
how can you get a good deal on slp? those are good too man lol.

750 for all 18x9 or for deep dish backs?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Yeah bro, I paid $794 for my chromies. The chrome were 200 per wheel, while the black were only 165 per wheel. My cousin has a LM2 cat back in his basement in the box still and he doesn't even own a stang. He took because a guy owed him some money. I was going to buy it, but they're so damn loud.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts