Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my reverse gear is gone, i put it in, and it spit it back out with a loud pop, and theres nothing there.

Can someone give me a link to reverse gear replacement parts? I can only find the 1-5th gear parts. Also how many hours will this take to fix for a mechanic who knows what hes doing?

Dont post here if you arent going to help me out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok first off, its a manual. and 2nd, i said that because i dont want people coming in here posting things like "oh that sucks" or "dono check online" or posting me links to search engines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if ur looking for a quick fix for now i would shift into 3rd before reverse that usually lines up the synchros. sorry for the earlier post. i will strenuously look for a reverse gear for you...or synchros

·
Registered
7 Posts
o i read also that reverse is not synchronized in the t-5's so its going to make noise. i dont know how bad your case is tho

·
Registered
991 Posts
well my tranny does not spit reverse back out on me but it is a bitch to get into sometimes i usually go 2nd to reverse if that doesnt work i try half clutch then drops in usually and then right when it slides in i press back on the clutch

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i mean.. i put it in, and theres nothing there.. as if someone opened up my tranny and took the gear out. i think the gear is stripped, but im not sure. i dont want to take it to a mechanic without knowing whats wrong with it first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts