Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have had what sounds like a lot of road noise coming from the front passenger tire. I have looked at the tire, doesn't appear to have any uneven or odd tire wear, and my alignment though not perfect, isn't that bad. If I turn left or anytime weight shifts that way the noise goes away completely. Any suggestions for what it could be? Not seeing anything odd on the tire, I want to assume its a bearing, but before I go and buy parts id like to hear other thoughts.

·
Registered
978 Posts
im assuming that you checked the tire pressure? could be a little off, idk. might be alignment issue. how long has it been like this??

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Lately I have had what sounds like a lot of road noise coming from the front passenger tire. I have looked at the tire, doesn't appear to have any uneven or odd tire wear, and my alignment though not perfect, isn't that bad. If I turn left or anytime weight shifts that way the noise goes away completely. Any suggestions for what it could be? Not seeing anything odd on the tire, I want to assume its a bearing, but before I go and buy parts id like to hear other thoughts.

kinda sounds like a wheel bearing to me i had to change the one on my girlfriends grandprix and it was doing the same thing. it sounded like she had 44 inch mud boggers on the car going about 40 to 55 it was so annoying:mad:

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
:withhomo, im going to say wheel bearing also

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Sounds like a possible wheel bearing as stated above.

How to check for a bad wheel bearing up front.

Try turning the wheel left and right as you drive along at sufficient speed to cause the noise.

This shifts weight. If you turn the wheel left, you shift the weight to the right, and vice-versa.

So, if you turn the wheel to the left, and the noise gets louder, then your right front wheel bearing is bad. If the noise goes away or gets quieter, then it's probably the left.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The car is too damn loud on the highway.

Any mods to help reduce the engine and road noise in the car? I know they sell a sound dampening material, but where would be the safest and most efficient places to put it.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car is too damn loud on the highway.

Any mods to help reduce the engine and road noise in the car? I know they sell a sound dampening material, but where would be the safest and most efficient places to put it.
What kind of noise are you hearing? I had good luck with spraying 3m sound deadening undercoating in my car after stripping the interior. It helped a lot with my exhaust drone.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm assuming it's wind noise only because it's really only bad on the highway, but I've checked all my weatherstripping so I'm not sure if I'm just very nitpicky or what. I've only driven in my new Edge so I'm not sure if this noise is just common to all stangs. Sorry typing on a phone sucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts