Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need lots of help here guys. I've read lots and lots of threads and they have helped alot. I want to run 12 flat -12.3 in my 05 gt mustang. The car is also my DD. I need a f/i build. I'm thinking about 2.6 kenne belle blower 10psi, boost a pump, eletric water pump, driveshaft, u and l control arms. I'm looking for builds where all the parts are capatable. Its mostly a street car. Mabe a centri blower will work i don't know. Come on guys help me with some builds. I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Whats your budget

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
i would love to be at 11.5. worried about motor not being able to take that though.
A KB at 10 psi is a KB at 10psi. The difference in a 11.5 and a 12.3 at that point is suspension, tires, and driver. But the blown crowd will be along soon enough to elaborate. good luck. 12.3 shouldnt be hard. Just add a panhard bar and a heavier rear swaybar to the rear mod list.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A KB at 10 psi is a KB at 10psi. The difference in a 11.5 and a 12.3 at that point is suspension, tires, and driver. But the blown crowd will be along soon enough to elaborate. good luck. 12.3 shouldnt be hard. Just add a panhard bar and a heavier rear swaybar to the rear mod list.
thats good to know.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
how many miles you your car? I put a 2.6 on my stock bottom end at 10 psi and ran 12.0 with crappy drag radials... your a coupe? if you only want to be at or just below 12 than you can talk to 07stang bout that... you won't be able to forge your bottom end and add a KB for 10k... on the other hand at 10psi on a stock bottom end you can run a long time.. as long as you don't miss a shift 3-4 and hit 2nd at 103mph ... (that will kill a stock bottom end most of the time)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how many miles you your car? I put a 2.6 on my stock bottom end at 10 psi and ran 12.0 with crappy drag radials... your a coupe? if you only want to be at or just below 12 than you can talk to 07stang bout that... you won't be able to forge your bottom end and add a KB for 10k... on the other hand at 10psi on a stock bottom end you can run a long time.. as long as you don't miss a shift 3-4 and hit 2nd at 103mph ... (that will kill a stock bottom end most of the time)
I have 62k on my car. Its a coupe. I had a 95 running 11.8 but my brother-in-law did all the work. He's moved away now so I'm on my on.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
You could hit 12 flats for a lot less than $10k, more like $3-4.

consistantly... w/o breaking anything?? drive every day?? w/ FULL interior, etc...

Nope, no way.

May be able to do it for a little while... but leaving like that... clutches, rear ends, tires, rims, rear ends, dyno time, tuning, etc....

2 or 3 grand... grow up, kid..... aint happening

Rich has ran strong w/ least amount of money ( trust me it was more than the numbers you state); well done. But, do some searching, there comes down time and frustration w/ anyone in a daily driver running low 12's and beyond...

Jared, a friend of mine, has run 12.4 I beleive, and 11.5's w/ N20, and done it with a fraction of most, BUT ... does all his own wrenching, and is still well, well above your $$..

The 'FINAL' setup may not cost alot.... but, it took at least 3x that to get there; bad parts, broken parts, downtime...

add it all up....

this isnt the 'Fox' era... you will pay to play with s197's

·
Registered
92 Posts
What is the minimum required rwhp to get a 12.0 sec run?
That may help his decision for mods aka help his suspension & tires fund

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
consistantly... w/o breaking anything?? drive every day?? w/ FULL interior, etc...

Nope, no way.

May be able to do it for a little while... but leaving like that... clutches, rear ends, tires, rims, rear ends, dyno time, tuning, etc....

2 or 3 grand... grow up, kid..... aint happening

Rich has ran strong w/ least amount of money ( trust me it was more than the numbers you state); well done. But, do some searching, there comes down time and frustration w/ anyone in a daily driver running low 12's and beyond...

Jared, a friend of mine, has run 12.4 I beleive, and 11.5's w/ N20, and done it with a fraction of most, BUT ... does all his own wrenching, and is still well, well above your $$..

The 'FINAL' setup may not cost alot.... but, it took at least 3x that to get there; bad parts, broken parts, downtime...

add it all up....

this isnt the 'Fox' era... you will pay to play with s197's

For one thing, I said $3000-$4000, and it is certainly possible to buy all the parts you need to run low 12s for that.

The key is used parts, and new stuff that is on sale.

It can be done on the cheap, it just takes more effort than buying everything new.

Realistically, everything could be done in his garage, aside from gears, tires, and tuning.

If you paid list price for everything, and had somebody install it all, then there is no way you could do it for less than $5k, but with some used parts, and some DIYing, you could do it for that.

Keep in mind, the only used parts I am talking about are ones that have very little chance of being screwed up, those being intakes, tuners, UDPs, drive shafts, nitrous kits, ect...

On some ET streets on the stock wheels, LCA/UCA, panhard bar, 4.10s, NSR cams and 100 shot, even with an ok driver would easily see deep 12s.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts