Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so back on March 22 of this year, I totaled my 1998 Mustang GT.

The body is done, but the drivetrain is all still good. So, we've got a 1996 GT shel(literally, no suspension, no interior, wiring harness, nothing) that we're gonna be swapping parts into. Since this is going to be a pretty much ground-up build, I get to be creative with the way the car goes together. I've already gotten a new K-member. I'm thinking of using some Eibach 2" drop drag launch springs, Summit Racing's Street/Strip upper and lower control arms, Strange externally adjustable shocks, Suspension Techniques rear sway bar, and UMI Performance Torque Box reinforcement plates.

The motor is going to be a mostly stock 4.6 with a moderate, cam, intake, headers & exhaust.

The other misc. thigs that are going in are a short throw shifter, stage 2 clutch, and Ford Racing 4.10 gears. The car will roll out on 17" CObra R's for street cruising and rock out on WELD Draglites for strip duty.

Along the way, we're planning on doing a few different things. Small things such as upgrading the audio system, GT500 front seats, and a custom black & silver interior. The shell itself is red, so once the suspension is in place she'll roll out for paint. I'm keeping it simple just going with your basic black gloss. Tinting the windows a little bit, and I've got a 97 Cobra front & rear bumper combo for this thing.

I can't wait to get started!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Looks like a bad wreck. Glad everyone turned out ok. Good luck with the build up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow.. I didn't know this site was here!! I have been over at stangnet (hope that isn't a faux pas)

I am a good friend of Roadblock, and There was someone injured in the accident. Well, not at the exact time... But i will be, as I have to put the dang thing together...

Wish us luck...lol

-Charlie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im excited to get started. since we're pretty much starting with nothing, this will be a true ground-up build.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts