Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just wondering if any one on here was here was from the Roanoke area and done a good job of detailing or if anyone can point in the the direction of someone that does. Thanks

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm not in Roanoke, but what are you having issues with as far as detailing goes? The biggest thing is to use some time and elbow grease to clean all the parts of the car that normally don't get cleaned, but were when the car was new. I know that doens't help much but for instance, I like to use a cloth and spray detailer to wipe down all the nooks and crannies of the engine compartment. I like to use tire dressing for my wheelwells too. Foaming tire cleaner works great. With the paint and body I find it easiest to use a multi surface protectant like turtle wax ice spray wax. It works great and works on paint, plastic, glass and chrome. Many folks will say that TW ice is garbage but it does work and is simple to use. Are there better products, sure, are they as easy to use I doubt it. Also, don't forget to clean the insides of the wheels. No matter how clean the outsides of them are if the inside is dirty it's all for not. I hope this helps a little.

Reactions: mk1993

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I'm not in Roanoke, but what are you having issues with as far as detailing goes? The biggest thing is to use some time and elbow grease to clean all the parts of the car that normally don't get cleaned, but were when the car was new. I know that doens't help much but for instance, I like to use a cloth and spray detailer to wipe down all the nooks and crannies of the engine compartment. I like to use tire dressing for my wheelwells too. Foaming tire cleaner works great. With the paint and body I find it easiest to use a multi surface protectant like turtle wax ice spray wax. It works great and works on paint, plastic, glass and chrome. Many folks will say that TW ice is garbage but it does work and is simple to use. Are there better products, sure, are they as easy to use I doubt it. Also, don't forget to clean the insides of the wheels. No matter how clean the outsides of them are if the inside is dirty it's all for not. I hope this helps a little.
Wall of Text hits you for over 9,000!

Sorry, I had to...

TW Ice Spray Wax may be easy to use... but I assure you theres spray waxes just as easy to use. TW products are very sub par. Once you use some of the better products, you will see. TW stays in business because of its name and history.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
If I was you I would read up around here and buy the stuff and do it yourself...While it looks like a daunting task its prolly one of the most rewarding ones I have found to do with cars...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts