Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search but didn't find anything helpful. I have many chips, but I'm not concerned about those as I expect them to happen as I daily drive my mach. The one in particular that worries me is on the fender right next to the hood. It's straight down to the metal, so far no rust, and I would like to keep it that way. What would be my best approach to covering the metal that wouldn't look like hell and is not over like $25? I might get the car repainted eventually, but that won't be until 5 years or so.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ $15 more is a small price to pay for a good product. $25 would've been ideal, but I'm always willing to spend a bit more for better products. I'll look into how this stuff works. Thanks for the input. My mach might be far from a show car, even further from the flawless examples found in this section of the forum, but it runs strong and no matter what, it's my baby.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Dr Colorchip is really good. It does a great job at filling in chips without leaving that nasty blob look so its hard to find them after they are filled. For really deep chips to the metal its not gonna make it level with the paint but it will be very hard to notice after its filled.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My main concern is preventing rust. Even now it's not easy to notice the chip that's down to the metal, I can probably thank the orange paint for that. Making the chips less noticeable would be a added bonus. Like I said, top priority is preventing rust, without it looking like crap. Like the previous owner took a paint pen and blobbed some paint into a few chips, must've been a cheap pen too, it was a way darker shade of orange from CO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, did I come to the right Mustang forum or what. All kinds of great info here. I have a decent size chip right under my drivers side quarter window and it bugs the hell outta me. I know this wasn't my thread but thanks

JB

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Dr. Colorchip works well but if the scratch or chip is deep you will have to repeat the process 2 to 3 times, so that it can be level to the rest of the finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts