Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i would just tape it off and cover the car...have them paint from there...that way your stripe will be as tall or thin as you want...

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
^
i can understand that...get vinyl letters in MUSTANG and put them on...paint then remove the vinyls..

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
right now im kinda leaning towards just putting in a heated seat from HeatedSeatKits.com - The Future is Warm ...by anychance do you have any experience with those?

And when i see sites selling "Stripe Kits..." are those just decals, or stencils, they don't say
I usually install 5-7 full leather kits a month at work, and most of them want seat heaters in the two fromt seats. These are the ONLY seat heaters i use, they have a high/low setting on both of them and have thermostats built into the bottom pad to ensure they dont get to hot:

RoadComfort™

They are fairly easy to install, as long as you have some mechanical aptitude, and can just think things through while staying calm lol.

But really, i love these heaters, ive been using these two types for over a year now and have never had a complaint about them. The wire filimant one will get hotter than the carbon fiber one, but they are smaller pads than the c/f element pads. I Usually use the wire element one unless my stock has ran out and i have one that cant wait till i get more so then i use the c/f element one. Another reason i would use a c/f one is if i need to trim holes in it to make it were i can reatach th cover fasteners to the seams in the cushions, becahse you cant trim the wired element ones. So i will use a c/f one that i can trim if i need it to go over a seem thats attached to the foam or something like that. But generealy 95% of the time i use the wire element pads.

Now although i havent done a kit in a mustang from what ive heard from talking to different installers in the mustang seats the covers are glued to the foam in the seams, instead of using hog rings or velcro like most everything else. So it could be tricky to get it to look perefect if you dont have much apholstry experiance. And if they are glued like ive been told there is a chance you might damage the cover or foam seperating them and then putting them back together.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually install 5-7 full leather kits a month at work, and most of them want seat heaters in the two fromt seats. These are the ONLY seat heaters i use, they have a high/low setting on both of them and have thermostats built into the bottom pad to ensure they dont get to hot:

RoadComfort™

They are fairly easy to install, as long as you have some mechanical aptitude, and can just think things through while staying calm lol.

But really, i love these heaters, ive been using these two types for over a year now and have never had a complaint about them. The wire filimant one will get hotter than the carbon fiber one, but they are smaller pads than the c/f element pads. I Usually use the wire element one unless my stock has ran out and i have one that cant wait till i get more so then i use the c/f element one. Another reason i would use a c/f one is if i need to trim holes in it to make it were i can reatach th cover fasteners to the seams in the cushions, becahse you cant trim the wired element ones. So i will use a c/f one that i can trim if i need it to go over a seem thats attached to the foam or something like that. But generealy 95% of the time i use the wire element pads.

Now although i havent done a kit in a mustang from what ive heard from talking to different installers in the mustang seats the covers are glued to the foam in the seams, instead of using hog rings or velcro like most everything else. So it could be tricky to get it to look perefect if you dont have much apholstry experiance. And if they are glued like ive been told there is a chance you might damage the cover or foam seperating them and then putting them back together.
My car's actually going into the shop next week (my dad backed into my car) so I figured while it was in there, maybe they could do it, I gotta talk to them though, because that glued down thing might be a problem.

But thanks, I'll look into those Road Comfort ones. How would I be able to figure out for definitite if they are glued, how would i check on the seat?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but just to make sure, the seat gheater pad goes underneath the leather right? not on top of it... And do you know that the pads are on, liek are they thick so you feel them when you sit down?

and do you know anything about the massagher ones, do they have heat? and are those thick that I might feel when I sit down?

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
I dont know about the massaging ones, ive never messed with an of them before.

And yes the heater goes on top of the seat foam, and underneath the cloth/leather. The pads are not very thick, so you cant notice them being underneath the cloth/leather. The only way to really know how the upholstry is attached to the seat foam is to take the seat apart and pull the covers off. I know that the New Edge mustang seats are glued in the seams, but i dont know about the S197's.

Your best bet as to where to get them installed at would be an upholstry shop probably. Your body shop might be able to do it, but unless they are absolutly sure they can do it, i wouldnt let them do it. Its not that it is really hard to do, its just that sometimes the upholstry can be kinda tricky to get on the seat foam just right without it looking bulgey, wrinkley, or whatever. Especially if it is glued seams, i wouldnt let someone do it unless they have some experience with upholstry type work. And the wiring is very easy, anyone with basic car wiring knowledge can wire it up. There are basiclly only two wires you have to mess with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts