Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just finished installing my poly/rod end BMR LCA's and they are absolutely sick the rear end feels much more planted! I recomend them to anybody wanting more grip!

Ok so the question is how noisy is a rod ended panhard bar? I have heard that they arent too bad and that only the LCA's make noise with rod ends on both sides. I mean i can more than live with a little more NVH but i dont want something stupid loud!

Does anybody have any experience with a rod end panhard bar?

Anything would be awesome!

·
Registered
337 Posts
IMO, you don't need rod ended panhard bars uless you are a hardcore racer. if you look at the geometry of how the rear axle rotates there is almost no bind exerted on the panhard bar bushings no matter which way you rotate the suspension(within its normal range of motion ofcourse)

I would look into control arms and bars and things with del-sphere type bushings. a del sphere is basically two bushings with a ball sandwic hed in the middle. I have have a set of LCA's on the way with ply/del-sphere setup so I will report back when I get those things on.

I have put rod ended bushings on cars before. IMO, I can handle the extra harshness and I don't think its that bad, however, for an everyday car I would avoid them if possible.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've got the del sphere bushings on my panhard bar from Spohn performance, and on decent roads its fine, but if you have any bumpy neglected roads to drive on it's really harsh to say the least.

Oh and I would be very interested on what you have to say about those combo lcas. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go del-sphere on both sides or poly combo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.