Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a piston and rod kit on cushman motorsports to go with their cms stage 2 blower cams, and clueluess on what to go with. have stock heads, and bottom end now. wondering which kit to go with, if anyone has time to drop a line, i'd appreciate it. couldn't reach anyone at the store today.
thanks joshua

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
MMR900 rotating assembly - $1,749 you can PM MMRMark on corral and get a discount. Bet you could get it for $1500

Products » Modular Engine Components » MMR » PN#400900 MMR Street Mod 900 Rotating assembly

I cant link you directly to it, but heres what it says:

This is everything you need except a block to assemble a complete fully forged shortblock, this kit has the same parts as the MMR Street Mod 800 shortblock but in a do it yourself kit. Available in all piston oversizes for 96-09 2V, 3V and 4V applications.

Includes:

1500 HP Forged Steel Racing Crankshaft by Kellogg 100% US made - NOT CHINESE like EAGLE or SCAT! (6 or 8 bolt)

MMR 4340 Forged H-beam Rods with ARP Bolts

Manley Forged Pistons with tool steel Pins

Total Seal Rings

Clevite Performance Rod and Main bearings

1 year Warranty

Subtract $500 without Crankshaft (please note this in the check-out if ordering online, we will subtract it before processing the credit card)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was going to, but was told they're good til 600 whp and didn't want to go to extreme until a couple years from now when i'm out of school and have a daily driver and can devote the 2v to all out performance

·
Registered
678 Posts
You can pick up a good stock cobra crank cheap these days. I am using Probe ultra light 4340 I beams in my NA build that will see 7500-8000 RPM. They are actually manufactured by a company called RPM. You can get them labeled as RPM for less than what Probe sells them for. I know Tim Matherly runs the same rod in his blown 2V car in NMRA real street. My friend & engine builder runs the same rod in his push rod nitrous Real Street engines and we have another buddy that has an 05 GT with a F1 that puts down 715 RWHP with the same rod. I went with DSS pistons for my NA build because when I bought them they were the only ones selling non-custom pistons with TFS valve reliefs. Pretty much any major manufacturer (Diamond, CP, Prode, DSS, Manley) offers good stuff these days. I think I have a total of $1100 in my rotating assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts