Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what is going on, we went to PF a in December and the Grand is closed down. any thoughts? :screwy:

·
It's not easy being green!
4,893 Posts
The spring Rod Run is in April I believe.. The Grand Rod Run I think is next September if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I know its in April and sept. was just wondering about the GRAND HOTEL, the Last time I was up there the hotel was closed with a sign saying there were closed down and under new management .

·
Registered
48 Posts
The hotel has gone down the crapper....very rough shape. When I was younger it was the place to go, but not anymore. There are so many other places that are better in the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg area

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
It's not easy being green!
4,893 Posts
I doubt it will close down. I'm not sure how bad the grand is but the Rod Run brings alot of money into the Pigeon Forge area, already being a tourist town along with Gatlinburg Lol Just from observation every year the Rod Run does great. I wouldn't say it's the best by any means but I definately think it's well worth it. I'm going this year. I didn't get to attend both last year and the year before because I had closing shifts ALL WEEK~~

·
Speedy Mchauls Ass
1,531 Posts
Ok i have some info on this. The grand closed down due to the fact that it was labled the nastiest hotel in north america at one point. That and the fact that pigeon forge built a HUGE ne convention center litterly on the other side of the bridge from the grand. The grand was auctioned on the court house lawn a few weeks/ month ago to some unknow to most guy. He backed out when he saw the shape of the place and hauled ass, now some new cat has came in and is planning a remodel and a reopening. Personal i hope they do get it up and running, my family owns the riverside propertys and i run the riverside motor lodge but the grand is a beautiful hotel that needs saved. No worries, the spring and fail rod runs are most of our yearly income so they will always go on. As of right now the spring rod run is a go and will be on the 19th of april to the 21th and is being referee to as the spring rod run.

I have been thinking about offering a MM discount for the rod runs.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Some inside info that we all love so much!

The grand hotel was owned by Keneth Seaton, he was a hardcore asshole/ alcoholic that fired his staff regularly and spent 90% of his time chasing women and drunk off his ass. Well one day he got drunk and grabbed a female employees crotch ( not the first time) and got his ass sued to hell and back. He owned anything with the name grand or family inn in it and lost it all due to his own stupidity. I can say all this because the stupid sob is my uncle.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts