Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about putting in a cage. I have heard great things about Wolfe Racecraft. I am going with a 10 point. Is there anyone that would recommend someone else??

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
s & w makes a really good cage, the tubes come pre notched and fit together pretty well, my buddy bought a chassis engineering cage for his nova and it didn't fit together well at all

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Thinking about putting in a cage. I have heard great things about Wolfe Racecraft. I am going with a 10 point. Is there anyone that would recommend someone else??
why a 10pt?what doo you expect to be running?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
pics of the s & w cage

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
wolfe is one of the best for mustangs, spend the extra money and get it pre notched

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
S & W cages come pre notched

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
how fast can you go with a 4 point cage

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
you can run 10.00s with an 8 point cage

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
what about a 6 point cage

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
hmmmm.....will they not allow you to run if you go that fast with out 8 point cage

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
depends on if the track follows NHRA rules or not.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
S & W cages come pre notched
The wolfe racecraft cage gives you the option to fit the cage yourself or have it prenotched. The rear bars are fit to the fox as well so you can retain the rear seats if you want. Also have swing out door bars as an option. and you can choose different rear bar configurations and can upgrade the cage to 25.5 later.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i paid 200 for my S & W cage, it came pre notched , the rear bars go over the rear seat ( yes i still have a rear seat ) the only cuts we had to make were the door and trunk lengths, the bars came notched on 1 end and all we had to do was to cut them to lenght and for less then 50 bucks you can get the door swingout , i just preferr not to have it i'm not that old yet,

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
i paid 200 for my S & W cage, it came pre notched , the rear bars go over the rear seat ( yes i still have a rear seat ) the only cuts we had to make were the door and trunk lengths, the bars came notched on 1 end and all we had to do was to cut them to lenght and for less then 50 bucks you can get the door swingout , i just preferr not to have it i'm not that old yet,
You have a notch, so the rear bars are different. standard bars in a GT require seat removal.

I put a comp engineering cage in my car and did all the notching and cutting myself with a handheld angle grinder. The cage only costs $100. Took me 2 weeks to cut, notch, and weld the whole cage, including interior removal, re installation.

If I had to do it over, I'd have bought the wolfe cage after seeing one in person.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts