Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand how and in what order to adjust the valves. I have a crane roller rocker setup and they want 1/2 to 1 turn past zero lash. It is a non-daily driven 347 with a hydraulic roller cam, and I have always heard various opinions on valve lash. I was going to go with 1/8 past zero but that still feels a little loose. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Do one cylinder at a time. When the exhaust valve starts to open, adjust the intake rocker arm. When the intake valve starts to CLOSE, adjust the exhaust rocker arm. Rotate the pushrod and tighten the poly lock until you start to feel tension on the pushrod. Then go 1/4 turn tighter.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
ken5_0 said:
Same with trickflow zero lash?
This is the same for all hydraulic cams. This is how you adjust solid cams as well but you set valve lash instead of preloading the lifter.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks. When is the next performance 101 class? :D
Oh and cant you just set the lash when the cam is off lobe? or is it best to do one intake and exhaust at a time? pretty easy to see if it is off lobe.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
ken5_0 said:
Oh and cant you just set the lash when the cam is off lobe? or is it best to do one intake and exhaust at a time? pretty easy to see if it is off lobe.
You can do it however you want. They method I mentioned is easy and accurate.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
ken5_0 said:
Is it easy to see 0.010"?? I wouldn't want my preload off by more than that!

If you do this wrong, you'll wish you did it right while you are cleaning what used to be a cam lobe out of your oil pan. If you adjust the intake when the exhaust is opening and the exhaust when the intake is closing you will be 100% sure that the cam is off lobe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts