Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference on the Romeo PI and Windsor PI heads? Which is better for performance? Im doing a PI swap on my 94 4.6 2V and also doing the carb setup
Im still relatively new to the 4.6 so bear with me please :sorry

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
Performance is same but the romeo heads are a little better built. You can't go wrong with either tho

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
These ones that i found on Ebay are off a 2000 Mustang GT, they include everything and they are windsor heads (posted in the ad and description). Be nice if i can pick them up dirt cheap but id like to make sure im not kickin myself in the ass if i screwed up. Didnt all mustangs have Romeo heads on them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 1994 Ford Crown Victoria with a 4.6 2V and AOD tranny with 136,000 miles. It was a grandma car but a few years ago that lady donated it to the Senior class of 2008 for their Senior car bash car. We dont know why, the sum bitch still run and drove perfectly from what my friend tells me, but anyways me and dad picked the car up for 250 bucks, primarily for the motor trans and so i could get the front end to put on my 66 F100 and get rid of the Twin I Beam front end. Sorry if you thought i had a 94 Mustang with a mod motor

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The heads off that 2000 Mustang GT have 11 bolts, so that would mean its a romeo right?

·
Registered
876 Posts
That means they are romeo and your talking valve cover bolts correct not head bolts?
Windsor valve covers had 13/14 valve covers. The windsor was in years 99-early 01. Romeo p.i was from years mid 01+ and has 11 valve cover bolts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes sir Valve cover bolts, those heads sold for a buy now of 125 bucks.... and i was at school when they sold...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts