• Black roof, black pillars

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know my car has a good amount of paint peeling off. Most of it is annoying but the roof has started to rust. I tried to simply patch it up but the factory paint is really, really thin and I basically ended up just covering the area to prevent more rust. So I've decided I'm just going to repaint the entire roof. Redoing it in white would be no big deal but I was thinking of possibly doing it black and possibly the pillars as well. It might just be my lack of sleep talking but let me know what you think.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
black top with black pillars

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I do the roof/pillars black, do you guys think I should go with satin to match the color scheme I have going or do them in gloss and redo the spoiler/blackout panel in gloss (plus clear coat the tail lights)? I need to repaint the trunk anyways since I moved the spoiler back and there's a decent amount of paint damage (discolored and some stress cracks).

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
gloss

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys. I think I may start on this late next week since my family will be gone so I won't have them bitching at me :p

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
good luck man, take many pictures. Personally I voted white on white.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm really thinking about just redoing it white for the time being. I think I want to wait to do the black until I invest in a real spray gun and some quality paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts