Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing a MSD inline fuel tank booster pump and i need a good connection for it... can i hook it up to the starter relay? or should i try something in the ignition...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Hook it to the switched accessory wire

The one that comes on when you turn the key to accessories

forgot the exact name

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
No pics someone should be able to tell you which one it is if not I can explain how to find one but im sure someone knows which one it is

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
HONESTLY im not sure on that one wait for another answer....

But as long as it isnt a constant on then it should work like long as it switches on when you turn the key to on then that should work but wait for another source of info just in case...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I don't hook anything to the starter, fuse box, any fuse that comes on with the key,read the manual or sticker on the fuse cover.Use a cheap tester.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
You can find accessory power with a cheap connectivity tester (the pointy screwdriver looking thing with a light inside and a wire with an alligator clip). If you get a non-LED style one, it'll be easier.

Turn the key to accessory, clip the test light to a good ground, and start poking wires until you light up. Bingo, you just found a lead that's hot under accessory. Now, you'll probably want to figure out what wire that is, just so you're not robbing power from something sensitive about it, hahaha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts