Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last time it was in the shop for mataniance i asked them to rotated the tires but i noticed that they didn't rotate the left side:eek:(left a mark on tires) so i went to my autoshop at school and rotated the the 2 on the left. i used the Air hammer at least thats what i think its called and tightened them down. But like should i use a torqueing wrench on it or is it ok the way it is. Not Sure if i should:confused:.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I always use my torque wrench instead of the air tools at my work. As long as you are tightening them to 85-105 ft/lbs you should be fine though.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
so last time it was in the shop for mataniance i asked them to rotated the tires but i noticed that they didn't rotate the left side:eek:(left a mark on tires) so i went to my autoshop at school and rotated the the 2 on the left. i used the Air hammer at least thats what i think its called and tightened them down. But like should i use a torqueing wrench on it or is it ok the way it is. Not Sure if i should:confused:.
a torque wrench is always better than using an impact wrench (what it sounds like you used) because you'll know (assuming the wrench is calibrated) that the lugnuts are actually torqued correctly...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts