Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last time it was in the shop for a check up i asked them to rotated the tires but i noticed that they didn't rotate the left side:eek:(left a mark on tires) so i went to my autoshop at school and rotated the the 2 on the left. i used the Air hammer at least thats what i think its called and tightened them down. But like should i use a torqueing wrench on it or is it ok the way it is. Not Sure if i should:confused:.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k is the 100 like 100psi or what?
is it like anything serious like could anything go wrong?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
it should be fine man.
thanks i was like worried bout it for a while.
the funny thing is before i did it the car like it drift off alittle bit when the steering wheel was straight and after i rotated those 2 tires it ran like perfectly again :)
fyi :and no i don't have a bent axle or anything cars never been in any kind of accident execpt
on really damage done to it is when my sis had it and the stang gotten broken into.. about 4-5 years ago

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
when ever i rotate my tires i put the drivers side front on the passenger rear and vice versa........

same thing for the other 2 tires

·
Registered
590 Posts
My tires are directional so I just switch the back with the fronts. The wear is even left to right, but as you can imagine, the rears wear down more than the fronts =P

I use German torque values (goodentight) and have never had a problem :) But by 100 he means 100 ft/lbs torque, which you need a torque wrench to measure.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I rotate my tires like this:

Back tires both go straight forward and front ones go back and cross over on the back.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
100 Foot pounds, actually the spec is like 85-110. I always use a torque wrench to go the extra mile after i use a pnuematic wrench/ air gun. and yea, i can only go front to rear too with my tires, not left side to right side and vice versa.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Dude, did you check your air pressure? If you were pulling to one side and it's not as noticable now you may have just been a little low on your tire pressure on one of your front wheels. It would not be as noticable on the back as they are not steer tires. If you get about ten pounds low it pulls pretty good to the low side. Also, double check your tires to make sure they are non directional if you are crossing them on a rotation.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I would rotate my tires but Id looki kinda funny with 275's up front an 225's in the rear, and the directionals kinda make it hard too

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
100 Foot pounds, actually the spec is like 85-110. I always use a torque wrench to go the extra mile after i use a pnuematic wrench/ air gun. and yea, i can only go front to rear too with my tires, not left side to right side and vice versa.
actually the spec is exactly 100 ft/lb;)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Dude, did you check your air pressure? If you were pulling to one side and it's not as noticable now you may have just been a little low on your tire pressure on one of your front wheels. It would not be as noticable on the back as they are not steer tires. If you get about ten pounds low it pulls pretty good to the low side. Also, double check your tires to make sure they are non directional if you are crossing them on a rotation.
ya i checked everything for direction and everything so thats ok
but i was just wonderin like in my orginal question will like anything got wrong if i don't do it soon or will it be ok?

ya i did lol did everything but i think like my mind was playing tricks on me or somthin

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
sometimes the road is ****ed up like a little ditch on the side of the lane...one area on the highway when i come home from school (GSP for all u jersey guys) some of the lanes are sinking in and causes a dip in the road....

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sometimes the road is ****ed up like a little ditch on the side of the lane...one area on the highway when i come home from school (GSP for all u jersey guys) some of the lanes are sinking in and causes a dip in the road....
ya i was thinkin that too

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
try route 9 if you think the gsp is bad..

I had to take a 24 foot box truck from new brunswick down to lacey yesterday ..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
try route 9 if you think the gsp is bad..

I had to take a 24 foot box truck from new brunswick down to lacey yesterday ..
ya not really worried bout the steering thing anymore cause its not doing to it anymore lol.

but ya
so u think my wheels are alright if i didn't use a torquing wrench on them. ?

i know u alrdy answered but just want to make sure

1 - 20 of 22 Posts