Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question...

Assembled 4.6 2V, no plugs in it... how easy should it be to rotate? And should it rotate smoothly, or will there be some "difficult" spots as it turnes?

Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
Should be easy if there is no plugs in it as long as you lubed up everything properly

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
It's been a while but I think it rotates smooth until you put the plugs in and start compressing air.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should be easy if there is no plugs in it as long as you lubed up everything properly

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yeah, it rotates easiely... but it seems that there's certain spots where it's more difficult to turn for a few degrees, then it frees up again. I won't call it a "bind"... but it takes more effort to turn it.

Don't know if this should concern me or not....

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
It's hard to say without being there in person, but without plugs installed, you really shouldn't notice any difference in difficulty as you rotate the crank.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool guys, thanks.

called the police today, for records on that engine, and they said it had 60k on it when the car was totaled in 2010. sat in the yard till last saturday when I bought it.

I think im just going to try it as it is.... it rotates smoothly, except for that spot.... but probably not lubed very well since it sat so long.

Cops were actually a little miffed they didn't pull that motor for a spare... lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts