Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how much will it cost me to install forged rotating assembly on my 4.6 2 valve?near south Florida...:sorry

·
Registered
678 Posts
What exactly do you mean install? Are you talking machine work, balancing, file fit rings, etc.?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything my engine is in the car so pretty much the mechanic has to take the motor out and replace the rotating assembly and put it back together into the car.how much would they charge me

·
Registered
678 Posts
The machine work on my block and balancing the rotating assembly was $650. That was cleaning the block, boring the cylinders, line hoing the mains, and torque plate honing the cylinders, along with balancing. Maybe $1000 in machine work and assembly labor.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Machine shop fees tend to vary ALOT by location. It may be possible to get a MMR assembled short block for less.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Performance .just wondering would it be cheaper to get the rotating assemblies and pay for labor or just getting the mmr 750 shortblock and put the stock parts on it to complete it

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Are you staying N/A or going forced induction or spray?

If you can't do your own labor I'd probably go with a pre-built short block

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
If you're getting forged internals why not go with the 2.6? And I'd order a built shortblock with about 9:1 compression, forged crank, forged H beam rods, and forged pistons. Try to go with stuff like Kellog, diamond, manley... I'd stay away from probe

After that if you want to get your heads ported and polished it'd be a good idea, and throw in some custom grind cams.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok.how about the automatic tranny should I get it j-mod and a tranny cooler or just swap it for another.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Ok.how about the automatic tranny should I get it j-mod and a tranny cooler or just swap it for another.
I'd do a real shift kit and a stall converter. The 4R70W can handle some serious power. If you get the KB I'd also suggest a trans cooler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts