Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at some new track tires for my car and was wondering if this would make a noticiable difference.
The stock tires and rims now weigh 54 LBS. each (stock fanblades with BFG235/50/18), the track tires I'm looking to get are some 295/45/17 with some replica wheels. a weight difference of around 6LBS. of rotational weight each. Total of 12lbs.
Do any of you think it will make a difference at the track.
looking to gain .2 tenths at the track.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
200lbs off anywhere will get you solid 12's... rotational mass has more affect on performance than dead weight. get some skinies up front and some LIGHT rears. subframe connectors are also great because they shift the instant center back and down to the tires, thus lifting your front and make it "lighter" and you know what happens... LIFT THEM WHEELS BOY!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also hoping to be able to spray off the line with the bigger tires.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
200lbs off anywhere will get you solid 12's... rotational mass has more affect on performance than dead weight. get some skinies up front and some LIGHT rears. subframe connectors are also great because they shift the instant center back and down to the tires, thus lifting your front and make it "lighter" and you know what happens... LIFT THEM WHEELS BOY!
Running low 12's now looking for 11's.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i see that but you .2 off which when subtracted from your best in your profile would be 12 flat. you'll be hitting 11.90's-80's with sfc, lca's, and 10.5 tire back, skinnie front

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i see that but you .2 off which when subtracted from your best in your profile would be 12 flat. you'll be hitting 11.90's-80's with sfc, lca's, and 10.5 tire back, skinnie front
I see your point so if I lighten the front tires along with subframe connectors that should get me there. Thanks

Also I already have the BMR LCA with relocation brackets and BMR adjustable UCA.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I could just put in the 125 shot jets and do it the easy way too.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea... 2 up front is over 100 pounds... if he can get some rims about 20-25lbs each..then.... 50~ lbs right there...take the sway bar out, 25-30lbs... load transfer... sfc's pull on the front of the frame when your tires hook hard... yea im with him get some m/t's.. air till they wrinkle ;-)

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
taking the weight off will help, but to put you down 2 tenths... im not so sure... i put on heavier wheels and felt it right away... see if you can do other things like ditch the seats for the track use... and things like that and run on an empty tank :dunno

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
sometimes i wish i got an automatic...

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
taking the weight off will help, but to put you down 2 tenths... im not so sure... i put on heavier wheels and felt it right away... see if you can do other things like ditch the seats for the track use... and things like that and run on an empty tank :dunno
i say any weight reduction is good... but these are street cars imho.. and my wife would have a cow if i took my back seats out...haaaa

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i say any weight reduction is good... but these are street cars imho.. and my wife would have a cow if i took my back seats out...haaaa
thats why you keep the bolts in neat little baggies and take pictures and practice... that way you can take them out friday after work and put them in sunday afternoon before dinner

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wife don't drive my car, I bought her a new 2006 Denali than 4 months later bought me a New Mustang.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts