Modded Mustang Forums banner

1421 - 1434 of 1434 Posts

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I think a lot of us, like eagle, dont think their car is good enough so they dont even try. Thats how I feel, also my photography skills are crap too lol. And I dont know about other members but I dont usually go through the subforums, I click on new posts so I can see everything new so a sticky that hasnt been updated wont be on there. What if we all got automated messages to our emails like a topic being responded to will help out participation. We need to make another thread that is meant for all members to post ideas/rules for a new rotm.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Personally I don't think my car is good enough as much as I love it.
I just don't think people are attracted to it as much as I am because the colour is completely different and not many like it.

So hopefully after the procharger install and some cleaning up good ol Callie will get some appreciation and not just from me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Why don't we make rotm a two month thing?

Like January febuary, March April,

That would give people one while month to get pictures and one whole month of voting?

I liked the scavenger hunt because there wasn't much of another chance for me to get my car in rotm with the nominations and all.

Wouldn't hurt just to try it anyways

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I think a lot of us, like eagle, dont think their car is good enough so they dont even try. Thats how I feel, also my photography skills are crap too lol. And I dont know about other members but I dont usually go through the subforums, I click on new posts so I can see everything new so a sticky that hasnt been updated wont be on there. What if we all got automated messages to our emails like a topic being responded to will help out participation. We need to make another thread that is meant for all members to post ideas/rules for a new rotm.
I agree with this. Private message sent out to all members would get the word out. And many feel there cars can't compete. Myself included.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I agree with this. Private message sent out to all members would get the word out. And many feel there cars can't compete. Myself included.

·
Registered
836 Posts
There needs to be more variance in the themes. Like certain months for different generations only. I was getting sick of seeing S197s and S550s win simply because there's more of a following, not because thats their favorite generation or their dream project car, but simply because they are newer and able to be financed and more of them on the roads as peoples' daily drivers.

Have a ROTM for each generation, even if the entries arent magazine quality. Then have the other themes in between ie: best two tone, best aftermarket supercharged, best all motor, best black car, scavenger hunt, etc.

Also see if you can solicit a prize from the advertisers for the winners. Some sort of gift cards from the vendors. Or at least a discount bigger than what we get already.

·
7,909 Posts
There needs to be more variance in the themes. Like certain months for different generations only. I was getting sick of seeing S197s and S550s win simply because there's more of a following, not because thats their favorite generation or their dream project car, but simply because they are newer and able to be financed and more of them on the roads as peoples' daily drivers.

Have a ROTM for each generation, even if the entries arent magazine quality. Then have the other themes in between ie: best two tone, best aftermarket supercharged, best all motor, best black car, scavenger hunt, etc.

Also see if you can solicit a prize from the advertisers for the winners. Some sort of gift cards from the vendors. Or at least a discount bigger than what we get already.
All of those things you're talking about.....we did. The reason why there were more S197s than anything else is because people who owned other cars failed to participate as much. I was't just picking cars at random, it was up to people to submit their cars. Half of the ROTMs I did were open to everyone as they were scavenger hunts. I can't control voting so if the less known cars don't win, it isn't the fault of the ROTM.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I agree it's not rotm fault. We could do roty for each generation tho. Have voting open for 2 months for each generation starting in January with first gen and moving through the generations every couple months

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If we did a generation ride of the year this year we could combine 1st and second as we don't have a ton on them. So it'd be

April-may 1964.5-1978
June-July 1979-1993
August-September 1994-2004
October-November 2005-2014
December 2015+

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
you have a good idea but we don't have the participation to earn a sponsor like that. There's no incentive for a company to throw in a 100 dollar gift card if they're only getting their name out to 100 people. super shitty marketing.

we would have to get some insane participation before we could even dream of a sponsor getting involved.
I just noticed this today. Its a much smaller forum and may only have 50 or so posts to nominate people but sn95forums has vendors give the winners prizes. The march winner got a $100 gift card to tmi.

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?71415-March-2016-ROTM-alex302

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
I just noticed this today. Its a much smaller forum and may only have 50 or so posts to nominate people but sn95forums has vendors give the winners prizes. The march winner got a $100 gift card to tmi.

March 2016 ROTM - alex302
idk how you say its a much smaller forum. At the very least, activity there is twice what it is here.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
There seems to be only only a handful of people that post and I can leave the forum for a day then when I come back theres only a few new posts. Maybe it just seems that way since Im not as active on there but it seems like modded has much more people and a lot more going on.

1421 - 1434 of 1434 Posts