Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna put some new rotors and brake pads on my 96 mustang gt I can put them on without any complications and would it be easy 2

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The back is kind of a pain in the ass unless you get a brake service tool. It looks kind of like a c-clamp that you attach a disk to so you can turn in the rear pistons. The front pistons you can just compress with a c clamp, but the rears have to be turned in.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
slotted. and for a first time maybe an hour or so

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
to be hoenst i would get a set of cobra front calipers while your at it because you can get some serious stopping power with that and its not too expensive.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I got the complete brake service kit at Harbour freight tools for less than $30.00. It came with the clamping tool and a large assortment of disks for diffeent cars. I have used the little cube you can get from the auto parts store and attach to a socket wrench and they suck. The points on the cube just don't fit well enough and you get no clamping action with them. The brake service kit is well worth the money.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok then i take a look at it i hope i dnt have problems cuz the car has never had the rotors changed and there whirpped real bad the car shakes like crazy when i brake

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You will probably need a breaker bar to get the caliper brackets off. btw. In case you wanna get one while your there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts