Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo I cleaned my engine bay today on my stang and everything went great, my engine came out spotless and everything and my car ran great when i was done. I did my friends engine bay jsut before and now his car is running horrible and idles rough. We pull out all his coils to make sure nothing got in them and they were dry. When we took off his intake, a sensor had a little water in it so we dried it out but it still runs weird..Coud it just be the sensor or something else?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Mine did too...I just let it run and dry out ...the heat dryed it all up never had another problem since

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how long it it take for everything to return to normal?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Eh...30 minutes I'd say...you gotta give the engine time to heat up and dry everything up

·
Registered
112 Posts
I get water down in the plug ports. I Pulled the COPs and vacuumed it out with a small attachment. Ran fine afterward.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeaaa, we let the car run for a at least 15min and then drove it a little bit but still nothing improved...i heard some other guy saying that he had the same problem and he had a couple plugs foul up and he fried some coils too

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yea...it can happen...that's why I try to stay away from the coils...wash the engine bay then armor all the valve covers and stuff

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ive seen this before, car goes to detail and comes out running like butt. Dudes spray down the engine and filled the plug ports full of water. Killed 2 coils within a few minutes. The coils tend to fail faster if they were already weak. just my $.02

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeaaa, my buddys coils are shot cuz we switched mine onto his car and the car ran better than ever so it was definitely a coil..hes found a steal, all 8 MSD coils for 50 bucks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well Im too late to say that the coils got wet and fried. :p
^lol me too.

id say just let everything dry out and replace all 8, thats what i would do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts